MILAN — Guess Inc. and Marcolin Group on Wednesday announced the early renewal of the exclusive licensing agreement for the design, manufacture and international distribution of Guess and Marciano’s eyewear collections. The partnership between the two companies has been extended through 2025.Guess was originally a license of Viva International, which Marcolin acquired in 2013. Back then, the Viva acquisition expanded the Italian eyewear powerhouse’s portfolio with strong diffusion brands, adding some of the most popular eyewear labels in the American market, such as Guess, Gant and Skechers, to the range of luxury and premium brands the company operates, which includes Tom Ford, Balenciaga, Moncler, Ermenegildo Zegna, Emilio Pucci and Swarovski, among others.As reported, Marcolin and LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton have signed a joint venture named Thelios, which will design and manufacture the eyewear collections of Céline starting from this year. LVMH will control 51 percent of the venture and Marcolin the remaining 49 percent. As per the agreement, the French group is taking a 10 percent stake in Marcolin.
Supermodel @helenachristensen teamed up with longtime friend and designer @camillastaerk on a joint @paredeyewear collaboration. The lineup features three styles and 11 offerings, all of which embody a vintage feel. Get all the details on how they celebrated the collab on WWD.com. #wwdaccessories #wwdeye (📷: @slovekinpics)
“It’s a hard industry to keep motivated, as well, so finding different subjects and people is what makes it worth it – when you’re like, oh, I’ve met great people, I feel like I’ve done something good, and I feel proud of having done this,” said French actress Stacy Martin on being grateful for the variety of roles she’s take on. Read @ktauer’s full interview with Martin on her her latest film “Godard Mon Amour.” #wwdeye (📷: @danieldorsa)
After showing in front of the Eiffel Tower for his last two women’s ready-to-wear collection, it looks like @anthonyvaccarello may be heading to the Big Apple. Sources say the designer will stage his next @ysl show in NYC on June 6. Get all the details on WWD.com. #wwdnews #wwdfashion (📷: @aitorrosasphoto)
EXCLUSIVE: Two and half months after John Targon, cofounder and codesigner of Baja East, was hired as creative director of the contemporary division at Marc Jacobs, he has left the company, WWD has learned. Marc Jacobs International, which is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, confirmed Targon’s departure in a statement: “John Targon is a talented designer and we appreciate the work he has done here. Ultimately working together did not make sense for the brand and we wish him the best.” Read the story by @jessiredale, link in bio. #wwdnews
@theluxurycollection is officially launching a collection, tapping Sofia Sanchez de Betak for the capsule. Over 30 styles will be featured in the Chufy x The Luxury Collection, debuting next month at Bergdorf Goodman, The Webster, FiveStory and more. De Betak, known as “@chufy,” drew inspiration for the collection from her trips to Japan in the past year #wwdfashion
@lhd, founder and CEO of @thewebster, has teamed up with @lebonmarcherivegauche for the European launch of her ready-to-wear line, LHD. The launch will come with an exclusive pop-up opening today that’s set to run through May 20. Located on the second floor, it carries her debut Miami-themed resort collection, launched in November as see-now-buy-now. #wwdfashion