Marcolin Group has teamed with Mexican distributor Moendi to form a new venture called Marcolin Mexico.Marcolin Group will control 51 percent of the new company, which will distribute throughout Mexico the collections of some of the brands manufactured by the Italian firm. The remaining 49 percent will be held by the Goldwasser family, which founded Moendi in the Seventies.“We are proud to establish this joint venture with the Goldwasser family. Their long-lasting experience in the wholesale and retail eyewear distribution across Mexico will allow Marcolin Group to further grow and strengthen its presence in that area,” said Marcolin Group chief executive officer Massimo Renon.“Our family is extremely proud of the new JV partnership with an industry leader like Marcolin Group, making us very excited to represent its leading brand portfolio in Mexico,” said Moendi founder Mario Goldwasser. “Thanks to the common business vision which is the pillar of our partnership, we will work together to enhance Marcolin Group’s market share in our country.”Marcolin, which in 2017 sold about 14 million eyeglasses, produces and distributes eyewear collections under licensing agreements for brands ranging from Tom Ford, Balenciaga and Moncler to Ermenegildo Zegna, Tod’s, Emilio Pucci and Dsquared2.
A grooming moment between @tanfrance and @antoni last night at the The LGBT Community Center Trailblazer Awards honoring Anna Wintour, Ricky Martin and more. See more photos at WWD.com #wwdeye (📷: @lexieblacklock)
“It was a very surreal feeling. It wasn’t like we were in the studio together coming up with it — it’s more like he discovered it and loved it. I didn’t let myself get my hopes up, but then it happened it was very exciting,” said singer-songwriter @nombe on discovering that @pharrell would be using his song, “Cant Catch Me” on his HBO documentary series “Outpost.” The German-born singer — named Noah MacBeth — talked to WWD about feminism, using art as a platform for political expression and personal style. Read more on WWD.com #wwdeye (📷: @jilliansollazzo)
This season, denim is going west – in influence. Brands like @fathersdaughterla (pictured here), @tommyhilfiger Jeans, @levis and more are opting for raw, top-stitching styles. (Styled by @thealexbadia; 📷: @ryanplett)
20-year-old British singer @jorjasmith_ made her debut at Coachella last weekend. We caught up with her and talked about her love for Amy Winehouse, working with Kendrick Lamar on the “Black Panther” album and her fashion philosophy. Read the interview on WWD.com #wwdeye (📷: @katiedaisyla)
Supermodel @helenachristensen teamed up with longtime friend and designer @camillastaerk on a joint @paredeyewear collaboration. The lineup features three styles and 11 offerings, all of which embody a vintage feel. Get all the details on how they celebrated the collab on WWD.com. #wwdaccessories #wwdeye (📷: @slovekinpics)
“It’s a hard industry to keep motivated, as well, so finding different subjects and people is what makes it worth it – when you’re like, oh, I’ve met great people, I feel like I’ve done something good, and I feel proud of having done this,” said French actress Stacy Martin on being grateful for the variety of roles she’s take on. Read @ktauer’s full interview with Martin on her her latest film “Godard Mon Amour.” #wwdeye (📷: @danieldorsa)