This would not be Cannes in October if there wasn't a persistent buzz over plans for upcoming product launches. Here is a cross section of the action from the edge of the Mediterranean.
- Beauté Prestige International, Shiseido's fragrance division, will introduce a new Jean Paul Gaultier women's fragrance on Sept. 1. In April, the brand will unveil a skin care and makeup line for men, which is to replace the existing Tout Beau Tout Propre collection.
- Bulgari Parfums highlighted its new men's scent, Aqua Pour Homme Marine, due out in February.
- During an opening-night dinner for its distributors from every corner of the world, Cofinluxe unveiled three new fragrances. Little Kiss, from Dali, will be launched in April; a second Dali scent is to hit counters in September, and My Morgan will come out in April.
- Groupe Clarins showed numerous products to be introduced in the first half of 2008. These included Younger Longer, an antiaging product targeting women 30 and up. There is also the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, whose texture morphs from gel to milky under water.
- At Inter Parfums SA, the company is gearing up for numerous introductions, including Burberry the Beat in March, targeting a young consumer.
- John Varvatos showed clients its upcoming women's fragrance, due to be launched in the U.S. in March, then internationally in the second half of next year.
- Among the new offerings at La Prairie is the Advanced Marine Biology Cream, a natural moisturizer that will make its debut in January. The company is to also introduce a fragrance, called Midnight Rain, next fall, among other products.
- Parfums Givenchy has a full docket of product launches, including a new men's fragrance, due out in a two-phased rollout beginning in next fall. At the same time, a new iteration of the five-year-old Very Irresistible will be introduced worldwide.
- Versace, which is produced and marketed by Euroitalia, was showcasing its upcoming men's fragrance, Versace Pour Homme, due out in March.
- Brian Robinson, who sold Zirh to Shiseido in 2004, returned to the TFWA show after repurchasing the men's skin care brand. When asked what products he is thinking of adding, Robinson said he is looking into the antiaging category, considering the addition of whitening products and exploring further fragrance possibilities. "In the next 120 days, I will sign at least one license, if not two," he said.
“I see things on the hanger and I’m, like, ‘I never knew that color worked on me.’ It’s things you necessarily wouldn’t choose to wear, but once you put them on, you see why Janie is who Janie is." — Lily Collins on working with former "Mad Men" costume designer, Janie Bryant on creating looks for her role as Celia Brady's in Amazon series, "The Last Tycoon." 📸@jilliansollazzo #wwdeye
EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Rutson has been tapped to Build New American Fashion Group. The parent of Joie, Equipment and Current/Elliott hired the merchant to rev up its brands and expand its portfolio into designer, beauty and lifestyle categories. Read more on WWD.com, link in bio. #wwdfashion
Michael Kors' $1.3B Jimmy Choo deal has the company squaring off with Coach Inc. as both seek to build American powerhouses. Coach bought Stuart Weitzman in 2015 and Kate Spade just two weeks ago, but Michael Kors' acquisition may be putting pressure on its rival in the new push for scale. #wwdnews (📷: George Chinsee)
Meet actress Lucy Boynton, who plays opposite Naomi Watts in the recently released Netflix series "Gypsy." Boynton stopped by WWD to talk about her upcoming projects and her nomadic lifestyle. Get all the details on WWD.com. #wwdeye (📷: @dandoperalski)