This would not be Cannes in October if there wasn't a persistent buzz over plans for upcoming product launches. Here is a cross section of the action from the edge of the Mediterranean.
- Beauté Prestige International, Shiseido's fragrance division, will introduce a new Jean Paul Gaultier women's fragrance on Sept. 1. In April, the brand will unveil a skin care and makeup line for men, which is to replace the existing Tout Beau Tout Propre collection.
- Bulgari Parfums highlighted its new men's scent, Aqua Pour Homme Marine, due out in February.
- During an opening-night dinner for its distributors from every corner of the world, Cofinluxe unveiled three new fragrances. Little Kiss, from Dali, will be launched in April; a second Dali scent is to hit counters in September, and My Morgan will come out in April.
- Groupe Clarins showed numerous products to be introduced in the first half of 2008. These included Younger Longer, an antiaging product targeting women 30 and up. There is also the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, whose texture morphs from gel to milky under water.
- At Inter Parfums SA, the company is gearing up for numerous introductions, including Burberry the Beat in March, targeting a young consumer.
- John Varvatos showed clients its upcoming women's fragrance, due to be launched in the U.S. in March, then internationally in the second half of next year.
- Among the new offerings at La Prairie is the Advanced Marine Biology Cream, a natural moisturizer that will make its debut in January. The company is to also introduce a fragrance, called Midnight Rain, next fall, among other products.
- Parfums Givenchy has a full docket of product launches, including a new men's fragrance, due out in a two-phased rollout beginning in next fall. At the same time, a new iteration of the five-year-old Very Irresistible will be introduced worldwide.
- Versace, which is produced and marketed by Euroitalia, was showcasing its upcoming men's fragrance, Versace Pour Homme, due out in March.
- Brian Robinson, who sold Zirh to Shiseido in 2004, returned to the TFWA show after repurchasing the men's skin care brand. When asked what products he is thinking of adding, Robinson said he is looking into the antiaging category, considering the addition of whitening products and exploring further fragrance possibilities. "In the next 120 days, I will sign at least one license, if not two," he said.
"I think that all anyone really wants in life is to have people understand us for who we actually are, despite everything," says Ruth Negga. The actress talks "Preachers" season 2 and more on WWD.com. #wwdeye (📷: Dan Doperalski)
"That's something that resonates with me too because I'm so locked into a number. If I go over that number it completely ruins my day so it's nice to get detached from the number on the scale." - Chelsea Handler on Kelly LeVeque's book "Body Love." #wwdeye (📷: John Salangsang)