This would not be Cannes in October if there wasn't a persistent buzz over plans for upcoming product launches. Here is a cross section of the action from the edge of the Mediterranean.
- Beauté Prestige International, Shiseido's fragrance division, will introduce a new Jean Paul Gaultier women's fragrance on Sept. 1. In April, the brand will unveil a skin care and makeup line for men, which is to replace the existing Tout Beau Tout Propre collection.
- Bulgari Parfums highlighted its new men's scent, Aqua Pour Homme Marine, due out in February.
- During an opening-night dinner for its distributors from every corner of the world, Cofinluxe unveiled three new fragrances. Little Kiss, from Dali, will be launched in April; a second Dali scent is to hit counters in September, and My Morgan will come out in April.
- Groupe Clarins showed numerous products to be introduced in the first half of 2008. These included Younger Longer, an antiaging product targeting women 30 and up. There is also the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, whose texture morphs from gel to milky under water.
- At Inter Parfums SA, the company is gearing up for numerous introductions, including Burberry the Beat in March, targeting a young consumer.
- John Varvatos showed clients its upcoming women's fragrance, due to be launched in the U.S. in March, then internationally in the second half of next year.
- Among the new offerings at La Prairie is the Advanced Marine Biology Cream, a natural moisturizer that will make its debut in January. The company is to also introduce a fragrance, called Midnight Rain, next fall, among other products.
- Parfums Givenchy has a full docket of product launches, including a new men's fragrance, due out in a two-phased rollout beginning in next fall. At the same time, a new iteration of the five-year-old Very Irresistible will be introduced worldwide.
- Versace, which is produced and marketed by Euroitalia, was showcasing its upcoming men's fragrance, Versace Pour Homme, due out in March.
- Brian Robinson, who sold Zirh to Shiseido in 2004, returned to the TFWA show after repurchasing the men's skin care brand. When asked what products he is thinking of adding, Robinson said he is looking into the antiaging category, considering the addition of whitening products and exploring further fragrance possibilities. "In the next 120 days, I will sign at least one license, if not two," he said.
Supermodel @helenachristensen teamed up with longtime friend and designer @camillastaerk on a joint @paredeyewear collaboration. The lineup features three styles and 11 offerings, all of which embody a vintage feel. Get all the details on how they celebrated the collab on WWD.com. #wwdaccessories #wwdeye (📷: @slovekinpics)
“It’s a hard industry to keep motivated, as well, so finding different subjects and people is what makes it worth it – when you’re like, oh, I’ve met great people, I feel like I’ve done something good, and I feel proud of having done this,” said French actress Stacy Martin on being grateful for the variety of roles she’s take on. Read @ktauer’s full interview with Martin on her her latest film “Godard Mon Amour.” #wwdeye (📷: @danieldorsa)
After showing in front of the Eiffel Tower for his last two women’s ready-to-wear collection, it looks like @anthonyvaccarello may be heading to the Big Apple. Sources say the designer will stage his next @ysl show in NYC on June 6. Get all the details on WWD.com. #wwdnews #wwdfashion (📷: @aitorrosasphoto)
EXCLUSIVE: Two and half months after John Targon, cofounder and codesigner of Baja East, was hired as creative director of the contemporary division at Marc Jacobs, he has left the company, WWD has learned. Marc Jacobs International, which is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, confirmed Targon’s departure in a statement: “John Targon is a talented designer and we appreciate the work he has done here. Ultimately working together did not make sense for the brand and we wish him the best.” Read the story by @jessiredale, link in bio. #wwdnews
@theluxurycollection is officially launching a collection, tapping Sofia Sanchez de Betak for the capsule. Over 30 styles will be featured in the Chufy x The Luxury Collection, debuting next month at Bergdorf Goodman, The Webster, FiveStory and more. De Betak, known as “@chufy,” drew inspiration for the collection from her trips to Japan in the past year #wwdfashion
@lhd, founder and CEO of @thewebster, has teamed up with @lebonmarcherivegauche for the European launch of her ready-to-wear line, LHD. The launch will come with an exclusive pop-up opening today that’s set to run through May 20. Located on the second floor, it carries her debut Miami-themed resort collection, launched in November as see-now-buy-now. #wwdfashion