The most innovative thinkers in beauty were honored at the 2010 WWD Beauty Biz awards breakfast. Here is a list of awards presented and the winners. For additional coverage, please see today’s issue of WWD Beauty Biz.
• Newcomer of the Year: Michelle Phan.
• Breakthrough Product of the Year, Prestige: Thierry Mugler Womanity (fragrance), L’Oréal Professionnel INOA (hair care), Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector (skin care), Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Créme Lip Color (makeup). MASS: Johnson and Johnson Bioelectricity Technology (skin care), Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup (makeup), Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Blow Dry Perfector (hair care).
• Most Innovative Marketer of the Year, Prestige: Carol’s Daughter for My Life by Mary J. Blige (company), Pamela Baxter of LVMH Perfumes and Cosmetics (person). MASS: P&G Beauty/Her (company), Claudia Poccia of Mark (person).
• Most Innovative Ad Campaign: Strivectin (prestige), Old Spice (mass).
• Retailer of the Year: Macy’s (department store), Target (mass), Topshop (specialty). • Best Executed Launch Strategy, Prestige: Estée Lauder Blue Dahlia collection (makeup), Kiehl’s Cross-Terrain collection (skin), Bumble and bumble partnership with Sephora (hair), Coty Prestige for Bang by Marc Jacobs (fragrance). MASS: Revlon (makeup), L’Oréal Paris Go 360° Clean (skin), Pantene (hair), Jordin Sparks Because of You by Apra (fragrance).
Alberta Ferretti's "Rainbow Week" sweaters are back. The designer closed her #MFW show with a few day-of-the-week sweaters, which first debuted on the catwalk last January as part of the pre-fall 2017 collection. #wwdfashion (📷: @delphineachard)