Any leftover New Year’s resolve is likely to dissolve around now, thanks to an extra-long February. To get you back on track, Margo Marrone, pharmacist, co-founder and director of the London-based The Organic Pharmacy (whose fourth store opened in December), suggests six simple steps for a lifestyle detox.
1. As soon as you wake up, drink a cup of hot water with lemon and ginger to clear your system of mucous.
2. Do five minutes of deep breathing to help improve the lymphatic system, expel toxins via the lungs and oxygenate the system.
3. Brush your skin every morning. Start on dry skin on the feet using clockwise circular movements and work toward the heart.
4. Give up sugar. Instead, keep blood sugar levels stable with healthy snacks such as nuts, seeds, fruit and whole grains.
5. Never skip breakfast. Make it wholesome with either bacon (organic of course) or muesli or oats.
6. Double your intake of vegetables. This will alkalize your body and enable cells to function at their best.
Peter Kim's Los Angeles-based premium denim line has always had its finger on the pulse of youth. This season, novelty is back in a way reminiscent of early Aughts, with studs, lace-ups, racing waxed denim and more. For more highlights if some of the key brands at the Vegas trade shows, go to WWD.com. #wwdfashion (📷: Patrick Gray; Styled by @thealexbadia; Story by @karihamanaka and @marcy_wwd)
"I was driving back on Saturday afternoon from the beach, and I just saw this sign saying 'Skydiving for $95.' And I was like, I can't not sky dive for $95," says Tom Bateman about a moment in Hawaii while shooting "Snatched." #wwdeye (📷: @vsteves; Interview by @ktauer; Styled by @thealexbadia)