Any leftover New Year’s resolve is likely to dissolve around now, thanks to an extra-long February. To get you back on track, Margo Marrone, pharmacist, co-founder and director of the London-based The Organic Pharmacy (whose fourth store opened in December), suggests six simple steps for a lifestyle detox.
1. As soon as you wake up, drink a cup of hot water with lemon and ginger to clear your system of mucous.
2. Do five minutes of deep breathing to help improve the lymphatic system, expel toxins via the lungs and oxygenate the system.
3. Brush your skin every morning. Start on dry skin on the feet using clockwise circular movements and work toward the heart.
4. Give up sugar. Instead, keep blood sugar levels stable with healthy snacks such as nuts, seeds, fruit and whole grains.
5. Never skip breakfast. Make it wholesome with either bacon (organic of course) or muesli or oats.
6. Double your intake of vegetables. This will alkalize your body and enable cells to function at their best.
@juicebeauty, where @gwynethpaltrow holds the title of creative director of makeup, has become one of the foremost labels in the organic beauty category –– with sales on track to hit $100 million this year. What’s behind the rapid growth the brand is experiencing right now? It all started in 2005 when the wellness movement was just getting started. Read more on WWD.com. #wwdbeauty
Stay up to do date with breaking news and trending stories with WWD’s “The Essentialist.” Our newsletter delivers the top news in fashion right to your inbox. Want more info? Link in bio. #wwdfashion (📷: @kukukuba)
"I want to tell a story that inspires people to feel good about themselves, but also I'm making a commentary about the lack of female stories and female directors and saying this should change," said @imheathergraham on her latest project "Half Magic." The comedy feature, which the actress wrote and directed, is based on her own struggles as a woman in show business. Read @andrewnodell's full interview with Graham on WWD.com. #wwdeye (📷: @jgreenery)
@meltcosmetics cofounders @lora_arellano and @danabomar built their brand on a single idea: a true matte lipstick. To set the brand apart, they said they always put their customers first –– including a personalized note in each package. #wwdsummits #wwdbeauty
@moncler unveiled its latest project, #MonclerGenius, yesterday at Milan Fashion Week. The Italian outwear maker gave show-goers a preview of the monthly collections – which were created by eight designers and creative talents including Pierpaolo Piccioli, Simone Rocha, Craig Green and more – that will start rolling out in the summer.