Most Recent Articles In Body Care
Latest Body Care Articles
- Raymond Cloosterman on Ritual’s Growth Trajectory
- Jonathan Adler Collaborates with Pond’s
- Avène to Launch Sun Care
More Articles By
Any leftover New Year’s resolve is likely to dissolve around now, thanks to an extra-long February. To get you back on track, Margo Marrone, pharmacist, co-founder and director of the London-based The Organic Pharmacy (whose fourth store opened in December), suggests six simple steps for a lifestyle detox.
1. As soon as you wake up, drink a cup of hot water with lemon and ginger to clear your system of mucous.
2. Do five minutes of deep breathing to help improve the lymphatic system, expel toxins via the lungs and oxygenate the system.
3. Brush your skin every morning. Start on dry skin on the feet using clockwise circular movements and work toward the heart.
4. Give up sugar. Instead, keep blood sugar levels stable with healthy snacks such as nuts, seeds, fruit and whole grains.
5. Never skip breakfast. Make it wholesome with either bacon (organic of course) or muesli or oats.
6. Double your intake of vegetables. This will alkalize your body and enable cells to function at their best.