Most Recent Articles In Executive Changes
Latest Executive Changes Articles
- Kering Names Grita Loebsack CEO of Luxury Emerging Brands
- Markwins Names Jeff Rogers as President of Physicians Formula
- Tamara Mellon Names Tania Spinelli Chief Design Officer
More Articles By
Anastasia C. Ayala has been named chief executive officer of Nude Skincare.
This story first appeared in the March 26, 2013 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
The appointment, which a spokeswoman for LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton confirmed on Monday, is effective immediately. Ayala will report to Jean-André Rougeot, chief executive officer of Benefit Cosmetics. Ayala replaces Anna Ghee in the role; Ghee has left the company.
Most recently, Ayala was president and chief executive officer of Pure Aesthetics — Pure Wellness, an integrative skin-care, nutrition and wellness center she opened in Bel Air, Calif., in 2006. She continues to own the business.
Ayala’s past roles have included serving as senior vice president of global fragrances for Coty Beauty and senior vice president for Global Team Rimmel and Cutex Europe at Coty, based in London. She began her career as international marketing director of the Latin American and Caribbean divisions of Revlon.
Founders Bryan Meehan and Ali Hewson continue to be deeply involved with Nude, which is built on a natural with high-tech efficacy positioning. LVMH had acquired a 70 percent stake in Nude in Feb. 2011, with the brand’s shareholders holding the remaining 30 percent; that equation remains unchanged.
“If you want to make a brand global, the investment is huge,” Meehan said in 2011. “If you can have an ally with a company like LVMH, it’s just a huge door- opener for us.” As Meehan and Hewson said in 2011, the pairing with LVMH is allowing Nude to expand globally.