Sears Holdings Corp. disclosed that its two largest stakeholders own a 77 percent stake in the retailer.
That was revealed in a definitive proxy filed by Sears on Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In the filing, Sears also disclosed a consulting agreement with ESL Investments, headed up by Sears chairman Edward S. Lampert.
According to the filing, ESL Investments and related entities, including Lampert individually, hold 61.9 percent of Sears’ outstanding common stock. Its next-largest stakeholder is hedge fund Fairholme Capital Management, founded by Bruce Berkowitz, at 15.1 percent. Together they hold a 77 percent stake in Sears.
The filing also noted that ESL provides consulting services to Sears per an agreement dated Jan. 30, 2011. The consulting services include strategic planning, financing, mergers, acquisitions and new business development, among other topics. ESL is paid a monthly fee of $41,666.67, plus reasonable out-of-pocket expenses. In 2011, ESL was paid $500,000 under the consulting agreement.
Sears’ compensation to executives was also disclosed in the proxy.
Compensation for Louis D’Ambrosio, chief executive officer, and Ronald Boire, executive vice president, chief merchandising officer and president for the Sears and Kmart formats, reflect amounts corresponding from their respective dates of hire through the end of fiscal year 2011, which was Jan. 28.
In 2011, D’Ambrosio received total compensation of $9.9 million, which included a base salary of $930,769, a bonus of $150,000 and $8 million in stock awards.
Boire received total compensation in 2011 of $2.3 million, which included a base salary of $46,154 and $2.2 million in stock awards.
The company will hold its annual meeting on May 2 at its Hoffman Estates headquarters in Illinois.
From overseeing America’s fastest-growing speciality retailers to codifying cool, WWD talked to the women who are leading the way for the future of beauty. Check out our Instagram Stories to see how these women built today and are creating tomorrow. (📸: @hannah_khymych) #wwdbeauty
For @laperlalingerie's spring 2018 show, the brand chose to host their event at @thevenetianmacao. With Chinese megastars @bingbing_fan and @hubing in attendance, La Perla debuted a rock ‘n’ roll-inspired collection. The show marked the start of Sands Macao Fashion Week, which runs from October 19 to 24 — the city’s first such event. Pictured here are models backstage with glimmering eyes. #wwdfashion (📷: Cheuk-Yin To)
Trending for spring 2018: top stitch design. Gone are the days of stitch just for seams — designers are using the once-minimal detail to create strong decorative elements. (📷: Paola Testa; Styled by @andrew_shang) #wwdfashion
@tradesy is turning the concept of a showroom upside down with its new space in Santa Monica. Here, the company plans to hold events, art exhibits and a showcase rare fashion pieces like this Louis Vuitton boxing set. Get all the details on Tradesy’s first showroom on WWD.com. #wwdnews
Spotted last night at the @erdem x @hm launch event: Kate Bosworth, Rashida Jones, Kirsten Dunst and Selma Blair. The party, which took place in LA, also marked the opening of their pop-up shop. “I was interested in creating a collection that wasn’t in any way disposable. It was about pieces you’d create and keep forever, things that have a permanence to it,” designer Erdem Moralioglu said. #wwdeye (📷: Katie Jones)
Renee Zellweger in yellow in 2001 and again in 2017. Chosen as one of the 12 @pantone Leading Spring Colors (and dubbed “Meadowlark”), it only makes sense that the bright hue stands the test of time and is making a resurgence this season, seen already on stars like @blakelively and @gigihadid. (📷: Donato Sardello & @rexfeatures) #wwdfashion #tbt
Dior’s 70th anniversary celebration continues with a new exhibition at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto. “Christian Dior,” which is scheduled to run through March 18, takes a look at the founders tenure from 1947 to 1057 and feature 40 designs. Pictured here is an evening gown from the Ailée, fall 1948-49 haute couture collection. #wwdfashion (📷: Brian Boyle)