By  on June 18, 2012

Footwear brand Alexandre Birman has tapped Caden Stobart as global president.

Formerly president of the Americas at Sergio Rossi, Stobart will report directly to Birman.

Although the company owns its own factory in Brazil — where 70 percent of production occurs (the remaining 30 percent takes place in Italy) — the designer said this new, New York-based role is instrumental in the brand’s international expansion.

“In order to provide a sustainable growth and to expand our global distribution, we decided to structure our headquarters in New York and we gladly were introduced to Caden, who we are sure will be the perfect executive to run our brand globally,” Birman told WWD.

Stobart, who previously held posts at Gucci Group and Alexander McQueen, calls this an “important time” for the company’s development.

To access this article, click here to subscribe or to log in.

To Read the Full Article

Tap into our Global Network

Of Industry Leaders and Designers

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus