• April 1970: Aerin Lauder is born in New York City.
• May 1992: Lauder graduates from University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg School of Communications with a major in communications.
• September 1992: Lauder begins her beauty career at Estée Lauder as a member of the Prescriptives marketing team.
• January 1995: Lauder is appointed director of creative product development at Estée Lauder.
• June 1996: Lauder marries Eric Zinterhofer in Wainscott, N.Y.
• December 1999: Lauder cochairs the Metropolitan Museum’s Costume Institute Gala & Exhibit.
• April 2001: She is named vice president of global advertising for Estée Lauder.
• July 2004: Lauder rises to senior vice president and creative director for Estée Lauder.
• August 2007: Lauder presents — and appears in the ad campaign for — the Estée Lauder Private Collection, a range of three scents designed to evoke the founder’s spirit in a modern way. The debut scent, Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, is a “sensual floral” that features a blend of her grandmother’s favorite white flowers. Two more scents, Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang and Private Collection Jasmine White Moss, follow in subsequent months.
• April 2011: Lauder becomes the style and image director for Estée Lauder, a post she still holds.
• April 2011: Aerin LLC, a multicategory luxury goods business, is launched with the goal of offering accessories, jewelry, eyewear, home products and beauty items that reflect Lauder’s vision of classic American beauty. Her first licenses include a partnership with the Lenox Corporation and Estée Lauder Inc. RELATED STORY: Aerin Lauder, Building on a Family's Legacy >>
• December 2011: Aerin LLC launches social media channels, beginning with Tumblr and Twitter, to help communicate more directly with consumers.
• June 2012: Facebook and Pinterest pages are created to share Lauder’s inspiration and brand DNA with consumers.
• August 2012: The World of Aerin blog is established, featuring interviews with various tastemakers and posts about Lauder’s personal passions like family, travel and art.
• September 2012: Aerin Beauty launches with eight permanent products designed to create natural, stylish looks. Prices range from $28 for a Rose Lip Conditioner to $148 for a brush set in soft pink packaging.
• October 2012: Aerin Home Fragrance is introduced, in collaboration with Nest Fragrances. The range, which pays homage to flowers and is housed in hand-blown glass vessels that resemble Lauder’s Venetian glass collection, includes Lauder’s favorite, Pink Climbing Rose.
• November 2012: Aerin.com established with e-commerce. A site update with optimized features will be introduced in June.
• December 2012: Lauder wins the WWD Beauty Inc Award for Launch of the Year in Prestige for the Aerin Beauty line.
• January 2013: Lauder, who takes a hands-on approach to all her social media outlets, launches on Instagram as a way to share her day-to-day inspirations. To keep it as personal as possible, she takes all her own Instagram photos.
• March 2013: Aerin fashion accessories begin to roll out with Aerin Erickson Beamon jewelry, Aerin footwear (created with Jimlar) and Oliver Peoples for Aerin sunglasses. Priced between $150 and $1,000, the spring collections from Aerin Erickson Beamon and the shoe line, which ranges between $148 and $368, were inspired by international beach destinations. Oliver Peoples for Aerin launches with three oversize tortoise-shell frames, $340 each, in colors inspired by the Aerin Beauty line.
• April 2013: Aerin’s lighting, furniture and fabrics lines, created in conjunction with Visual Comfort & Co., E.J. Victor and Lee Jofa, respectively, make their debut at High Point Market. These lines interpret French, Italian and Austrian design between the Thirties and Seventies, in both decorative and minimal styles. The collections will be available in consumers in September 2013.
• April 2013: Aerin Home Fragrance wins the Fragrance Foundation Award for Interior Scent Collection of the Year.
• May 2013: Lauder begins a partnership with philanthropic organization First Book. Her initial donation provides 100,000 books to children in need in the Los Angeles area. Moving forward, Lauder will donate a portion of the proceeds from special products to First Book.
“What he has done at Vuitton is really exceptional,” said @gameofthrones’ actress Gwendoline Christie on @mrkimjones’ final show for @louisvuitton. “He has rebooted luxury in terms of making it commercial, viable and contemporary. And most importantly artistic. He has never compromised his artistic vision for the sake of commodity.” (📷: @zefashioninsider)
After seeing a demand for men’s wear from its customers, British contemporary women’s wear label @ariesarise has added a men’s wear component and will launch a unisex collection with @mrporterlive. The 20-piece collection includes jackets, denim, logo T-shirts and more with deconstructed ‘90s vibes. Set to launch on January 18, you can shop the pieces on Aries’ website and on mrporter.com. #wwdfashion
“And so spending so much time with a character who thinks like that, inevitability you try and analyze yourself and go back and think about your own demons and dark chapters that you had in your life,” says @thedanielbruhl of his role in TNT’s “The Alienist.” The show, set in the Gilded Age of New York, also stars Dakota Fanning and Luke Evans. Head to WWD.com to read about how 39-year-old Brühl prepared for the role and why he thinks the show is so relevant to today #wwdeye ( 📷: @Eriktanner)
Now that Celine Dion’s collection has topped $10 million in sales, the pop superstar, fashion icon and newly-minted industry player is eyeing growth in Asia. Read the full report by @tiffanyap, link in bio. #wwdnews #celinedion
“My personal philosophy to beauty is paying attention to oneself. I love to be outdoors, lots of fresh air, trying to take care of yourself as best you can. I always notice that comes through,” says Felicity Jones, the global face of @shiseido-owned @cledepeaubeauteus, which launches today. Head to WWD.com to read more about the actress’ love for beauty and how she prepared for her new role in “The Basis of Sex,” playing the young Ruth Bader Ginsburg. #wwdbeauty (📷: @dandoperalski)
Among the familiar faces at @off____white’s show was a surprise figure: Japanese artist @takashipom, pictured here on Wednesday morning. Other show-goers included @jerrylorenzo, who spoke about his upcoming project: a @nike collaboration for back to school, with designs inspired by his childhood on the West Coast. Sitting in the front row were Future, Don Crawley, @miguel and more. See the rest of the photos on WWD.com #wwdeye (📷: Stephane Feugere)
According to @laurentsai, former “Terrace House: Aloha State” cast member, she didn’t know she was auditioning for the Japanese version of “Real World.” “I was telling a couple of my friends and someone’s like, ‘That sounds a lot like Terrace House.’ I was like, ’No it can’t be.’” Turns out, it was. But Tsai isn’t just a reality star — she’s an illustrator who has worked with Starbucks Japan and most recently, she’s dipping her toes into the fashion world. Head to WWD.com to read about her time on the show, modeling and her art. #wwdeye (📷: @danieldorsa)
More changes are coming to New York Fashion Week: Beginning with the spring 2019 collection, @alexanderwangny will move his New York show to June from September, adopting a biannual schedule with collections shown in June and December. Additionally, the @cfda is planning for an official summer/winter fashion season taking place as soon as June and December 2018. Read more about the upcoming changes on WWD.com. #wwdnews #wwdfashion (📷: @slovekinpics)