• April 1970: Aerin Lauder is born in New York City.
• May 1992: Lauder graduates from University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg School of Communications with a major in communications.
• September 1992: Lauder begins her beauty career at Estée Lauder as a member of the Prescriptives marketing team.
• January 1995: Lauder is appointed director of creative product development at Estée Lauder.
• June 1996: Lauder marries Eric Zinterhofer in Wainscott, N.Y.
• December 1999: Lauder cochairs the Metropolitan Museum’s Costume Institute Gala & Exhibit.
• April 2001: She is named vice president of global advertising for Estée Lauder.
• July 2004: Lauder rises to senior vice president and creative director for Estée Lauder.
• August 2007: Lauder presents — and appears in the ad campaign for — the Estée Lauder Private Collection, a range of three scents designed to evoke the founder’s spirit in a modern way. The debut scent, Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, is a “sensual floral” that features a blend of her grandmother’s favorite white flowers. Two more scents, Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang and Private Collection Jasmine White Moss, follow in subsequent months.
• April 2011: Lauder becomes the style and image director for Estée Lauder, a post she still holds.
• April 2011: Aerin LLC, a multicategory luxury goods business, is launched with the goal of offering accessories, jewelry, eyewear, home products and beauty items that reflect Lauder’s vision of classic American beauty. Her first licenses include a partnership with the Lenox Corporation and Estée Lauder Inc. RELATED STORY: Aerin Lauder, Building on a Family's Legacy >>
• December 2011: Aerin LLC launches social media channels, beginning with Tumblr and Twitter, to help communicate more directly with consumers.
• June 2012: Facebook and Pinterest pages are created to share Lauder’s inspiration and brand DNA with consumers.
• August 2012: The World of Aerin blog is established, featuring interviews with various tastemakers and posts about Lauder’s personal passions like family, travel and art.
• September 2012: Aerin Beauty launches with eight permanent products designed to create natural, stylish looks. Prices range from $28 for a Rose Lip Conditioner to $148 for a brush set in soft pink packaging.
• October 2012: Aerin Home Fragrance is introduced, in collaboration with Nest Fragrances. The range, which pays homage to flowers and is housed in hand-blown glass vessels that resemble Lauder’s Venetian glass collection, includes Lauder’s favorite, Pink Climbing Rose.
• November 2012: Aerin.com established with e-commerce. A site update with optimized features will be introduced in June.
• December 2012: Lauder wins the WWD Beauty Inc Award for Launch of the Year in Prestige for the Aerin Beauty line.
• January 2013: Lauder, who takes a hands-on approach to all her social media outlets, launches on Instagram as a way to share her day-to-day inspirations. To keep it as personal as possible, she takes all her own Instagram photos.
• March 2013: Aerin fashion accessories begin to roll out with Aerin Erickson Beamon jewelry, Aerin footwear (created with Jimlar) and Oliver Peoples for Aerin sunglasses. Priced between $150 and $1,000, the spring collections from Aerin Erickson Beamon and the shoe line, which ranges between $148 and $368, were inspired by international beach destinations. Oliver Peoples for Aerin launches with three oversize tortoise-shell frames, $340 each, in colors inspired by the Aerin Beauty line.
• April 2013: Aerin’s lighting, furniture and fabrics lines, created in conjunction with Visual Comfort & Co., E.J. Victor and Lee Jofa, respectively, make their debut at High Point Market. These lines interpret French, Italian and Austrian design between the Thirties and Seventies, in both decorative and minimal styles. The collections will be available in consumers in September 2013.
• April 2013: Aerin Home Fragrance wins the Fragrance Foundation Award for Interior Scent Collection of the Year.
• May 2013: Lauder begins a partnership with philanthropic organization First Book. Her initial donation provides 100,000 books to children in need in the Los Angeles area. Moving forward, Lauder will donate a portion of the proceeds from special products to First Book.
Taking the final spot on the mens’ portion of New York Fashion Week calendar next month will be none other than @tomford. Though he’s shown his men’s wear in New York in the past, this will mark the first time the designer has shown his men’s collection alone during New York Fashion Week: Men’s. His runway show will debut on February 6 at the Park Avenue Armory. #wwdfashion
London-based couture house @ralphandrusso has certainly been in the spotlight, having its dresses worn by @beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Meghan Markle in her engagement photos and more. For couture, Tamara Ralph focused on ornamentation — think: feathers with chain mail, jet embroidery and clusters of pearls and crystals. See the rest of the collection on WWD.com #wwdfashion #couture (📷: @giovanni_giannoni_photo)
Minnie Mouse celebrated her 90th birthday by getting her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. For her celebratory luncheon, @coach’s creative director @stuartvevers dressed her in a custom made prairie dress, complete with Vever’s take on the polka dot – black sequined versions – under a cropped motorcycle jacket. The designer also put his own mark on Minnie’s classic red shoes, infusing the color with sparkles and adding some Coach crystals. “We chose colors that were very Minnie and also represented quintessential Coach elements,” said Vevers. #wwdfashion #nationalpolkadotday (📷: George Chinsee)
@nickjonas is unveiling his first-ever apparel collection through a partnership with John Varvatos. The limited-edition capsule, which makes its debut in spring, also marks the first time the designer has collaborated with anyone on a line. “The process in working with Nick is amazing. It’s inspiring to be around someone who is not only connected with the trade that they do, but also with what’s happening in the environment around him, and how that connects to what we do with style,” said Varvatos. (RG: @johnvarvatos) #wwdfashion
@margotrobbie steps out onto the red carpet wearing @miumiu. The actress is nominated for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role” in “I, Tonya” at the #SagAwards. (📷: Stewart Cook) #wwdfashion
For @massimogiorgetti of @msgm, the Nineties are his favorite decade. “They had a huge impact on my personal growth. What I like of the Nineties is that they are not so precise in terms of style as other decades…there was actually a bit of everything,” he said. As seen on MSGM’s Spring 2018 show: tie-dye and a bit of grunge, two styles that are synonymous with the decade #wwdfashion #wwddecades (📷: @kukukuba)