Conde Nast will reveal today that it will fold House & Garden with the December issue and shut down its Web site, houseandgarden.com. A spokeswoman for Condé Nast confirmed the closure.
Speculation about House & Garden’s demise swirled since publisher Joe Lagani abruptly left the magazine last month to join Glam.com.
“This has been a difficult decision to come to but we feel it is one that must be made at this time,” said Conde Nast president and chief executive officer Charles Townsend. “I would like to thank Dominique Browning and the entire staff for their award-winning efforts throughout the years.
“With the unexpected departure of the publisher of the magazine, we decided to take a serious look and reevaluate the title,” said Townsend. “Our investment in House & Garden throughout the years has been substantial and we no longer believe it is a viable business investment for the company.”
For more coverage, see Tuesday’s issue of WWD.