Trading in shares of Billabong International Ltd. was halted Monday on the Australian Stock Exchange at the firm’s request, which initiated the move pending an announcement by the company of a takeover proposal in a statement to the Australian Securities Exchange.
The surf-and-sportswear lifestyle brand reportedly received a buyout offer from a consortium led by Paul Naude. Naude, a former pro surfer, is a director and president of Billabong’s U.S. business. He temporarily stepped down last month to pull together the offer, said to be valued at 526.8 million Australian dollars, or $556.5 million, and backed by a U.S. private equity firm. The backer is believed to be Sycamore Partners. A spokesman for Sycamore declined comment. All dollar amounts have been converted to U.S. dollars at current exchange.
"You start one way as a baby, but why shouldn't you be able to choose your own path as opposed to culturally people telling you which way to go?" - Thom Browne at his men's spring 2018 show, where he celebrated gender fluidity. #pfw #wwdmens (📷: @delphineachard)
"I think that all anyone really wants in life is to have people understand us for who we actually are, despite everything," says Ruth Negga. The actress talks "Preachers" season 2 and more on WWD.com. #wwdeye (📷: Dan Doperalski)