BERLIN — In a seemingly ongoing online shopping spree, Signa Retail has taken a majority stake in German premium and luxury Internet fashion mall, Mybestbrands.This is Signa Retail’s seventh digitally oriented acquisition in 14 months and its second in less than a week. As reported, last Wednesday, Signa Retail, the parent company of Germany’s Karstadt Department stores, acquired a 70 percent stake in German online marketplace Hood.de.The latest acquisition sees Signa Retail taking a 60 percent share of Mybestbrands, the remaining 40 percent staying with the company’s founders Joerg Domesle and Moritz Seidel. Domesle and Seidel will continue to independently manage Mybestbrands in the future.Founded in 2008 but shifting its focus exclusively to fashion in 2013, Mybestbrands is a membership platform offering premium and luxury fashion and lifestyle products from 100 top online shops. The platform’s one million members regularly receive special offers and new product information from 5,000 brands and designers. The Mybestbrands app recorded more than two million downloads and reported a gross merchandise volume of around 100 million euros in 2016.“As with previous acquisitions, we are continuing to aggressively expand our omnichannel offensive,” said Signa Retail chief executive officer Stephan Fanderl. This latest deal will particularly boost the digital clout of the KaDeWe Group, which is comprised of Germany’s three leading premium department stores: KaDeWe in Berlin, Alsterhaus in Hamburg and Oberpollinger in Munich. Signa Retail said close collaboration with the KaDeWe Group “promises outstanding potential.”Mybestbrands ceo and cofounder Domesle said the partnership with Signa will allow the platform “to offer our discerning customers all the advantages of online and brick-and-mortar retail services. We will continue to expand our range and develop access to brands in the premium and luxury sector.”As with Hood.de, Mybestbrands will be taken over by the new founded Signa Luxury Marketplace GmbH, a newly established joint venture between Karstadt and Signa Retail.
@margotrobbie steps out onto the red carpet wearing @miumiu. The actress is nominated for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role” in “I, Tonya” at the #SagAwards. (📷: Stewart Cook) #wwdfashion
For @massimogiorgetti of @msgm, the Nineties are his favorite decade. “They had a huge impact on my personal growth. What I like of the Nineties is that they are not so precise in terms of style as other decades…there was actually a bit of everything,” he said. As seen on MSGM’s Spring 2018 show: tie-dye and a bit of grunge, two styles that are synonymous with the decade #wwdfashion #wwddecades (📷: @kukukuba)
Breaking News: @hedislimane joins @celine as its new artistic, creative and image director. One of fashion’s preeminent image-makers and trendsetters, Slimane is to join the LVMH brand on Feb. 1 and unveil his first fashion proposition for men and women next September during Paris Fashion Week. It marks a major homecoming for Slimane, who cemented his reputation – and influenced men’s tailoring for more than a decade – as the designer of Dior Homme between 2000 and 2007. He went on to reinvent and ignite the house of Yves Saint Laurent, which he rechristened Saint Laurent, between 2012 and 2016 – all the while maintaining a close relationship with the Arnault family, which controls LVMH and Dior. Read the full exclusive story on WWD.com. Link in bio. #wwdnews #wwdfashion
“Personally I believe the Eighties have been the richest and more vivacious period for international fashion,” Giorgio Armani said when asked what his favorite decade of fashion is. It was a moment of disruption and experimentation and only thinking back to the first years of that decade is always an emotion for me, for what they have meant to me and my work.” The influence is clear in @giorgioarmani spring 2018 collection, pictured here, which was full of bright colors and unexpected prints. Read more about which decades designers loved most on WWD.com #wwdfashion #wwddecades (📷: @aitorrosasphoto)
For Lady Gaga’s only Italian show on her “Joanne World Tour,” the singer wore a range of @versace_official outfits. The standout piece: this custom-made bodysuit inspired by the brand’s spring 2018 collection. #wwdfashion (RG: @ladygaga)
@_camillaruth_ is expanding on the wellness-craze concept with @westbourne – a new NYC restaurant that’s both a healthy-minded café as well as a business that gives back to the community. Marcus works with the Robin Hood foundation to give back to The Door, a non-profit providing youth development services, and also hires employees through The Door. Read our full interview with Marcus on giving back through food on WWD.com. #wwdeye (📷: @lexieblacklock)