• Wal-Mart sold $300 million worth of Kathie Lee Gifford’s clothing line in its first year,according to Gifford.
• Isaac Mizrahi for Target rang up $300 million in annual sales.
• Mossimo Giannulli in 2001 signed an exclusive license agreement with Target that guaranteed sales of $1 billion over three years.
• Wal-Mart’s Metro 7 got off to a fast start when it bowed in 350 stores in 2005. Metro 7 was expanded to 1,500 stores before distribution was cut to below 1,000.
• Oxford signed a licensing agreement in 1991, giving Target exclusive rights to design and merchandise the Merona label. Merona is being relaunched in the fall with a stronger fashion point of view.
• Levi Strauss Signature jeans launched in 2003 at Wal-Mart, priced under $30. Signature remained exclusive to Wal-Mart until 2006; however, by then, sales were falling because, according to Levi’s, Wal-Mart de-emphasized Signature to concentrate on its own private label, Metro 7.
• Levi Strauss Signature Totally Slimming line of jeans bowed in 2008 at Wal-Mart.
Alberta Ferretti's "Rainbow Week" sweaters are back. The designer closed her #MFW show with a few day-of-the-week sweaters, which first debuted on the catwalk last January as part of the pre-fall 2017 collection. #wwdfashion (📷: @delphineachard)