• Wal-Mart sold $300 million worth of Kathie Lee Gifford’s clothing line in its first year,according to Gifford.
• Isaac Mizrahi for Target rang up $300 million in annual sales.
• Mossimo Giannulli in 2001 signed an exclusive license agreement with Target that guaranteed sales of $1 billion over three years.
• Wal-Mart’s Metro 7 got off to a fast start when it bowed in 350 stores in 2005. Metro 7 was expanded to 1,500 stores before distribution was cut to below 1,000.
• Oxford signed a licensing agreement in 1991, giving Target exclusive rights to design and merchandise the Merona label. Merona is being relaunched in the fall with a stronger fashion point of view.
• Levi Strauss Signature jeans launched in 2003 at Wal-Mart, priced under $30. Signature remained exclusive to Wal-Mart until 2006; however, by then, sales were falling because, according to Levi’s, Wal-Mart de-emphasized Signature to concentrate on its own private label, Metro 7.
• Levi Strauss Signature Totally Slimming line of jeans bowed in 2008 at Wal-Mart.
A new Joan Rivers coffee table book, titled “Joan Rivers Confidential,” gives readers never-before-seen photos and letters of the late comedian throughout her life. “Because of her drive to always be fresh, she kept records of every appearance, every performance, all the jokes that were used on TV, all the clothes that were worn,” said Rivers’ daughter Melissa. Here, Rivers poses at the “Tonight Show” in Tracy Mills in 1985. Read more about the book and see more photos at WWD.com. #wwdeye
After a career at New York hot spots like Narcissa, Dovetail and Nix, @chefjfraser has expanded to the West Village with The Loyal, a modernized take on an American brasserie. “And as I’ve gone through my career I’ve felt some departure from that kind of simple, straightforward [cooking]. This is meant to take on the idea of ‘what if the American brasserie was invented today?’” #wwdeye (📷: @chinseephoto)
@bellahadid and @lilyaldridge at @bulgariofficial’s celebration on Friday night, toasting the brand's new Peter Marino-designed flagship on Fifth Avenue. The two-part event included a cocktail party at the store followed by a dinner at a mystery location — the Met Cloisters. #wwdeye
From overseeing America’s fastest-growing speciality retailers to codifying cool, WWD talked to the women who are leading the way for the future of beauty. Check out our Instagram Stories to see how these women built today and are creating tomorrow. (📸: @hannah_khymych) #wwdbeauty
For @laperlalingerie's spring 2018 show, the brand chose to host their event at @thevenetianmacao. With Chinese megastars @bingbing_fan and @hubing in attendance, La Perla debuted a rock ‘n’ roll-inspired collection. The show marked the start of Sands Macao Fashion Week, which runs from October 19 to 24 — the city’s first such event. Pictured here are models backstage with glimmering eyes. #wwdfashion (📷: Cheuk-Yin To)
Trending for spring 2018: top stitch design. Gone are the days of stitch just for seams — designers are using the once-minimal detail to create strong decorative elements. (📷: Paola Testa; Styled by @andrew_shang) #wwdfashion
@tradesy is turning the concept of a showroom upside down with its new space in Santa Monica. Here, the company plans to hold events, art exhibits and a showcase rare fashion pieces like this Louis Vuitton boxing set. Get all the details on Tradesy’s first showroom on WWD.com. #wwdnews