1894
Bergdorf & Voight, a ladies’ tailor and fur shop, is opened just above Union Square.

1901
Edwin Goodman and Herman Bergdorf open a dress atelier on Fifth Avenue at 19th Street, creating Bergdorf Goodman.
 
1906
Edwin Goodman purchases the shop from Herman Bergdorf and moves uptown to 32 West 32nd Street.

To Read the Full Article
SUBSCRIBE NOW

Tap into our Global Network

Of Industry Leaders and Designers

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus