Most Recent Articles In Fashion
Latest Fashion Articles
- Book Excerpt: “Badgley Mischka: American Glamour”
- Book Excerpt: “Coco Chanel: The Illustrated World of a Fashion Icon”
- Book Excerpt: “Fashion: A Timeline in Photographs, 1850 to Today”
More Articles By
In fashion speak, the fall season is over, yet most of these models’ careers are just getting started. In Paris, a pack of beauties emerged in a tight race for the most runways, but it was Sigrid Agren who took the top prize with 25 shows. We had a five-way tie, however, for fifth place, all of them coming in at the magic number 20.
1. Sigrid Agren: 25 shows. The 5-foot, 10-inch French stunner, repped by Ford, walked the most shows, including Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Haider Ackermann and Balmain.
2. Emily Baker: 23 shows. DNA’s 18-year-old newbie from New Zealand had a breakout season in Paris, landing coveted spots at Chloé, Valentino, Yves Saint Laurent and Alexander McQueen.
3. Zuzanna Bijoch: 22 shows. Another new kid on the block, this 5-foot, 10-inch Polish native, repped by Next, hit the big time at Miu Miu, Balenciaga, Givenchy, Christian Dior, Rochas and Celine.
4. Karmen Pedaru: 21 shows. Also at 5-foot, 10-inches, this Ford Estonian beauty opened Balmain, closed Pedro Lourenço and walked a slew of top-notch shows such as Celine, Givenchy, Dries Van Noten, Lanvin and Alexander McQueen.
5. Mirte Maas: 20 shows. Repped by Women, the 5-foot, 10.5-inch blonde from the Netherlands made appearances at Jean Paul Gaultier, Hermès, Dries Van Noten, Rick Owens, Chanel and Stella McCartney.
5. Kasia Struss: 20 shows. Also repped by Women and also 5-foot, 10.5-inches tall, the Polish native’s roster included Yves Saint Laurent, Givenchy, Christian Dior and Chanel.
5. Jac Jagaciak: 20 shows. She’s only 17, but the 5-foot-10 brunette (IMG) opened Roland Mouret and closed Rochas. She also popped up at Alexander McQueen, Lanvin, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.
5. Josephine Skriver: 20 shows. The tallest of all at 5-foot, 11-inches, the leggy newcomer (Marilyn) made her mark at Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Costume National, Miu Miu, Balenciaga and Christian Dior.
5. Caroline Brasch Nielsen: 20 shows. Continuing her remarkable streak this season, the 5-foot, 10.5-inch Dane (Elite) appeared at Balenciaga, Viktor & Rolf, Valentino and Christian Dior.