Most Recent Articles In Parties
Latest Parties Articles
- Marigay McKee and Bill Ford Celebrate Engagement
- AmfAR Gala Turns Into Art Auction
- Alaïa Hosts Fragrance Party
More Articles By
WWD’s intrepid staff fanned throughout Manhattan Thursday night for Fashion’s Night Out, tweeting their way through the streets. Here, a selection of some of their observations. For a complete breakdown of the goings on in New York, see http://twitter.com/womensweardaily.
• “Macy’s is my department store home. My Fifth Avenue store is my real home,” said Tommy Hilfiger, racing from Macy’s to his Fifth Avenue flagship.
• Justin Bieber at D&G says he is interested in doing a fashion line but is focusing on his music for now. As for the purple leather jacket and his buster gray jeans, he says, “They give me clothes and I put them on.” Heading upstairs the teen sang to himself and made sure in the mirror that he wasn’t dropping trousers too much.
• “This is wonderful!” Oscar de la Renta cries amidst the mélee at Bergdorf’s, greets a teen girl waiting with a postcard for him to autograph.
• Amar’e Stoudemire enjoying FNO and fashion venture with Rachel Roy. A post-basketball career in fashion? “If it goes well.”
• Spring Street in front of Kardashian’s Dash store already closed off by police due to crowds.
• “Fashion’s Night Out exists as a day now, just like Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day,” said DVF at her Mercer St. store.
• Sarah Jessica Parker signing Manolos for squealing fans.
• “Where is she?” “I just saw her!” Rachel Zoe arrives for #FNO at Bloomingdale’s.
• Donna Karan: “A packed schedule is what I would call it. I have four shows this week: Donna Karan, DKNY, Urban Zen and Haiti. Every free second of the day I’m doing yoga. I wish I was in a yoga class right now!”
• Pandemonium! Lea Michele and Ryan Murphy are signing T-shirts at Saks.
• “The challenge is to top what we did last year. So we’ve got 14 cameras live streaming the store on the internet.” Macy’s ceo Terry Lundgren.
• Joe Jonas, in Simon Spurr, is tempted to splurge at Saks. “I am eyeing a couple of things,” he said, pointing to the Burberry display.
• Lea no more — Saks Security is not letting people to the Glee stars anymore.
• Sofia Coppola at Marc Jacobs in SoHo, as crowds mob Jacobs himself for autographs.
• At Bergdorf’s dog fashion show, Badgley Mishcka’s dogs are wearing a wedding gown and military uniform in honor of marriage equality. Joseph Altuzarra’s, a parka.
• Kors and the Rockettes just stepped out on 49th Street.
• Michael Kors didn’t dance but struck an ending pose with the Rockettes nonetheless. “Thank you New York, have an amazing night,” he said.
• “We need to see IDs!” Said Seth Meyers, scrambling thru a mob to bartend @coach.
• Kenneth Cole: “I don’t think tonight is about sales. If tonight works then everything else will work out later.”
• Spike Jonze waits with the rest of the crowd for Miss Piggy’s arrival at Opening Ceremony.
• Miss Piggy on whether she and Kermit shop together: “No he isn’t into clothes, he almost never wears them, I tell him semi-clothed works great for you!”
And the tweets went on, into the night….