• B.D. Baggies presented its new shop-in-shop store concept, due to be rolled out worldwide. Inspired by a laundry room, merchandising props include garment-filled laundry bins, industrial clothing racks and wire hangers with logoed cotton sheaths.
• Denim maker G-Star unveiled an extensive hat collection, with 12 new models ranging from urban chic to rugged outback. In addition, it unveiled a furniture collaboration between G-Star Raw and Swiss furniture maker Vitra — a project aimed at reinterpreting classic models by French modernist designer, Jean Prouvé. “Crossover gives us the opportunity to work with brands we admire and allows us to demonstrate our tastes,” G-Star chief marketing officer Joris Aperghis said. G-Star, which currently has about 300 monobrand franchises worldwide, hopes to reach 750 by 2015.
• For its third collection under Enzo Fusco, C.P. Company presented a limited edition Goggle “Reverso” Jacket, released in conjunction with the 1931 Reverso watch presented by Jaeger-LeCoultre. The coat features a protective watch porthole on the left sleeve. Only 500 models of the coat will be sold in selected stores worldwide.
• Italy’s WP Lavori in Corso plans to open its first store on Bond Street in New York in 2012 housing its portfolio of brands including Woolrich Woolen Mills, B.D. Baggies, Blundston and Penn-Rich.
• Henry Cotton’s launched a men’s and women’s beach collection carrying an English floral-meets-tropical theme. The men’s line includes silk scarves that double as colorful belts, Bermuda shorts and faded polo shirts.
• Nigel Cabourn is developing a shoe with Red Wing for fall 2012. The designer hopes next year to open a store in New York, followed by London.
• Pringle of Scotland’s archive collection— the fruit of a collaboration between the storied label and London’s Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design M.A. and B.A. students — mixed colorblocking and random argyle patterns from 1815 and 2011 for a geometrically dizzying modern twist. Pringle aims to open archive collection pop-up stores this September at the Edinburgh Festival in Scotland and in 2012 in Beijing, Monaco and Shanghai.
• Vicomte A, which counts Pippa Middleton among its fans (founder Arthur de Soultrait said Middleton, who is a close friend of his, even gives tips on the brand’s fledgling women’s line), has acquired old French hunting brand Gastinne Renette. “It’s the French Holland & Holland,” said de Soultrait, adding that a relaunch is planned for Sept. 9 at the Chateau de Chantilly, in tandem with a shooting tournament. Vicomte A has also collaborated with the Deauville Yacht Club on French navy-inspired line with modern twists. A double-breasted jacket in oxford shirting fabric, for instance, sports rubber anchor buttons.
• Slowear invited European Institute design students Giulia Ceragioli and Leandro Mazzocco, 19 and 20 years old, respectively, to design two full looks mirroring the company’s Red collection. The designs, which were showcased at Pitti, included a seersucker vest, worn sweatshirt and cotton T-shirt with floating ropes and khakis with tattoos. “We decided to bring the younger generation into the fold in order to pass on our know-how, and even learn something from them too,” said Slowear chief executive officer Mario Griariotto.
@chanel and @pharrell dropped what’s being dubbed as the world’s most exclusive sneakers yesterday. The Adidas Originals NMD Hu, which Williams designed in collaboration with Chanel and @adidasoriginals, has a waiting list of over 120K people who pre-registered online at chanelatcolette.fr –– and only 500 pairs are on sale. The singer predicted the resale value of the shoes could reach $40K. Read the full interview on WWD.com. Link in bio. #wwdfashion
@imanshumpert is diving deeper into his creative endeavors and relaunching his clothing line, Post 90s, and is helping to raise money for the hurricane victims in St. Maarten with a jersey he’s designed with his brother. The Cleveland Cavaliers player talked to WWD about kneeling during the national anthem, working with fashion brands and how he wants to be more than an @nba player. Read the interview on WWD.com #wwdfashion (📷: George Chinese)
Not only does #TheProfit return to CNBC tonight, but @marcuslemonis has launched @shopmarcus, a new shopping and lifestyle retail experience in Aspen and Chicago, with more locations to come. The retail stores offer in-store stylists and a variety of contemporary womenswear selections.
“It’s life, I’m going to face it,” @mingxi11 sighed. “I fell, but you know, I think the most important thing is that I get back up. I had the love, the help from my sister — the girl next to me Gizele [Oliveira] — she’s so nice. When I went backstage everybody was trying to comfort me like ‘Oh Ming, it’s OK.’ I’m really, really touched. I think it’s them who gave me the courage to go back on stage for the finale,” Xi told WWD of her fall at the @victoriassecret fashion show. (📷: David Fisher) #wwdfashion #vsfashionshow #victoriassecret
@louisvuitton tapped @therealpeterlindbergh for its latest city-centric photo book, which is part of a series called Fashion Eye. The primarily black and white book captures the spirit of Berlin in 57 images shot between 1989 and 2019. “Berlin is an inspiration for me, more than a city. I mean @millajovovich is simply Berlin!” said Lindbergh. #wwdfashion
“You know, I think audiences expect a certain performance so I have to deliver to them what they’re expecting to a certain degree. But I’m also a different actor and a different person, I have my own spin on the character,” says @noahegalvin of his takeover of the leading role in “Dear Evan Hansen” following the departure of @bensplatt, who originated the role. Read WWD’s interview with the 23-year-old actor on WWD.com #wwdeye (📷: @jilliansollazzo)
For pre-fall 2018, @etro created richly-colored wonderland, using tapestries, textiles and wallpapers from the Eastern world at large. The line featured floral and graphic prints and jacquard motifs, like this two-piece look featured here. #wwdfashion (📷: Giovanna Pavesi)
@kith is moving into children’s. The men’s and women’s streetwear brand has launched Kidset, a Kith kids line located in New York at 64 Bleecker Street. The line includes mini versions of staple Kith pieces like the Astor bomber jacket and the Kith box logo sweatshirts, along with a wall that can display up to 120 pairs of shoes from @adidas, @newbalance, @timberland and more. #wwdfashion
“I just wanted to create this fully rounded character, but I do think what excited me most was just the opportunity to give a group of people representation that I feel needs it. I like to do characters in projects that stand for something and Karolina definitely does, so that was really exciting to me,” @ginnygardner says of her new role in @hulu’s “The Runaways.” Gardner plays Karolina Dean, a queer superhero, which is a rarity for @marvel. Read more about Gardner’s character on WWD.com #wwdeye (📷: @dandoperalski)