By  on February 23, 2011


When Guccio Gucci opened his first shop in Florence in 1921, he set the tone for the company as a vertical retailer.


Since then, retail expansion has been a priority for the company, a pioneer in globalization. Gucci opened its first store outside Italy at New York’s Savoy Plaza Hotel on East 58th Street in 1953. Guccio’s son Aldo, the strong-willed company chairman at the time, further pushed the business’ international boundaries through the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies.

To Read the Full Article
SUBSCRIBE NOW

Tap into our Global Network

Of Industry Leaders and Designers

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus