LONDON — The Jean Muir company will continue despite the designer’s death here this week.
A company spokeswoman on Wednesday said, “It was Miss Muir’s wish the company would continue after her death.” The spokeswoman said the company will introduce a resort collection in the next few weeks. It also plans to show a spring/summer collection in October.
The company was owned by Muir and her husband, Harry Leuckert, who is her sole surviving relative. It has an established design team that had been headed by Muir.
Muir died at the London Clinic late Sunday of cancer at age 66. She suffered from cancer for the last two years but had told no one except her husband. Funeral arrangements remain private, although the spokeswoman said there probably will be a memorial service later. — Fairchild News Service