Most Recent Articles In Fashion Features
Latest Fashion Features Articles
- Paris Museum to Showcase 300 Years of Fashion
- Banana Republic Summer 2016
- Video: Variety and WWD Inaugural Stylemakers Event
More Articles By
MIAMI — Top leaders of the beauty industry met at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel here from May 12 to 14 for the fifth WWD Beauty CEO Summit to hammer out the most vexing questions facing the business. And the star-studded lineup of speakers lived up to the theme of the conference. In particular, William Lauder, soon to be ceo of the Estée Lauder Cos., and François-Henri Pinault, chairman of Artémis Group, epitomized the next generation of leadership.
Among the highlights:
This story first appeared in the June 4, 2004 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
- Globalism begins at home with the need for manufacturers to serve overlooked segments of the population.
- To regain relevance in all sectors, brands must seek to reconnect emotionally with consumers.
For more, see comprehensive summit coverage under “WWD Beauty Summit.”