The Council of Fashion Designers of America has unfurled a slew of programs and retail collaborations to support its Fashion Targets Breast Cancer initiative this month.
Among the various programs:
• Beginning today, FashionTargetsBreastCancer.com will launch new FTBC-branded items, including an iPhone case for $34.99 and a charm for $25. In addition, the FTBC T-shirt, which has the original FTBC logo designed by Ralph Lauren, can be purchased for $34.99. Both the e-commerce site and the products were designed and developed by Villency Design Group.
• Nine West has partnered with FTBC for the fourth year in a row to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. During the week of Oct. 15-22, with each purchase in-store or online of $125 or more, Nine West will donate $25 to FTBC. As a thank-you, shoppers will receive a Nine West/FTBC-branded canvas tote featuring the hashtag #9WFTBC. Customers will also have the option of adding $1 or more to their purchase or an “add your change” opt-in at the register to donate to FTBC.
• On Oct. 24, CFDA member Jennifer Fisher, along with celebrity cohosts Kelly Ripa and Anderson Cooper, will host a charity ride for FTBC, led by SoulCycle’s Laurie Cole, at the West Village SoulCycle at 126 Leroy Street. The ride is underwritten by Carole Hochman, a CFDA board member. The first-row bikes are $1,200, second row, $600, and last row, $300. First-row bikes also include a “Fighter” cuff from Jennifer Fisher and a FTBC T-shirt. To purchase a bike, contact S.Maniatty@CFDA.com.
• For the month of October, Commando will donate $5 for every item sold on wearcommando.com.
• Finally, CFDA has joined forces with charity Web site Fashion Project to raise money for FTBC. CFDA members have donated clothing, shoes, handbags and accessories to benefit this CFDA initiative. Sixty percent of the proceeds from the sale of items on fashionproject.com will benefit FTBC. People can also donate items from their own closets by contacting Christine Rizk, president of Fashion Project, at Christine@fashionproject.com.
@beyonce chose a custom gown by @falgunishanepeacockindia for mother @mstinalawson 's second annual Wearable Art Gala last night. The gown, which took 10 days to make, was inspired by Nubian warrior queen Amanishakheto. Reporting by @hernameislex . #wwdeye 👑 🐝#beyonce
After dressing @justintimberlake for his Super Bowl halftime performance last month, @stellamccartney has designed the star’s "Man of the Woods" tour wardrobe. Timberlake will be wearing a mix of pieces from McCartney’s fall men's collection as well as custom designs and items from his own closet. #wwdfashion
@carmeloanthony is upping his fashion game once again, introducing a hat collection with @goorinbros. Called Fresh Greens by Melo x Goorin, the line consists of five unisex models, all of which are made in America from 100 percent wool. Each hat is lined with Anthony’s signature and the inscription “Knowledge of self, wisdom and understanding.” You can purchase the collection line at Goorin’s website as well as three off its stores in San Francisco, New York City and Las Vegas #wwdaccessories
“I am of tradition, but that doesn’t mean I have an old outlook on life,” Hubert de Givenchy told WWD in an interview in 1978. The legendary designer, who died last week at the age of 91, achieved wide success soon after launching his own couture boutique in the early ’50s, but he refused to pine for that time. For the first time since its original publication, read our interview with Givenchy on his awe for Audrey Hepburn and looking forward. Link in bio. #wwdarchives #fbf (📷: Pierre Schermann)
About last night: @alexachung and @supergausa toasted the launch of their capsule collection. “It’s the shape that I love, so rather than amend the last and make the sole crazy or do anything wild, we just did really subtle additions that I think make it look really luxe-y,” said Chung. #wwdfashion (📷: Marc Patrick)
Exclusive: @off____white’s @virgilabloh is launching an exclusive eyewear capsule collection @sunglasshut. The unisex collection, which is made up of three styles, first made its debut on the brand’s fall runway show in Paris. Get all the details on WWD.com – link in bio. #wwdnews #wwdfashion