The Council of Fashion Designers of America has unfurled a slew of programs and retail collaborations to support its Fashion Targets Breast Cancer initiative this month.
Among the various programs:
• Beginning today, FashionTargetsBreastCancer.com will launch new FTBC-branded items, including an iPhone case for $34.99 and a charm for $25. In addition, the FTBC T-shirt, which has the original FTBC logo designed by Ralph Lauren, can be purchased for $34.99. Both the e-commerce site and the products were designed and developed by Villency Design Group.
• Nine West has partnered with FTBC for the fourth year in a row to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. During the week of Oct. 15-22, with each purchase in-store or online of $125 or more, Nine West will donate $25 to FTBC. As a thank-you, shoppers will receive a Nine West/FTBC-branded canvas tote featuring the hashtag #9WFTBC. Customers will also have the option of adding $1 or more to their purchase or an “add your change” opt-in at the register to donate to FTBC.
• On Oct. 24, CFDA member Jennifer Fisher, along with celebrity cohosts Kelly Ripa and Anderson Cooper, will host a charity ride for FTBC, led by SoulCycle’s Laurie Cole, at the West Village SoulCycle at 126 Leroy Street. The ride is underwritten by Carole Hochman, a CFDA board member. The first-row bikes are $1,200, second row, $600, and last row, $300. First-row bikes also include a “Fighter” cuff from Jennifer Fisher and a FTBC T-shirt. To purchase a bike, contact S.Maniatty@CFDA.com.
• For the month of October, Commando will donate $5 for every item sold on wearcommando.com.
• Finally, CFDA has joined forces with charity Web site Fashion Project to raise money for FTBC. CFDA members have donated clothing, shoes, handbags and accessories to benefit this CFDA initiative. Sixty percent of the proceeds from the sale of items on fashionproject.com will benefit FTBC. People can also donate items from their own closets by contacting Christine Rizk, president of Fashion Project, at Christine@fashionproject.com.
Supermodel @helenachristensen teamed up with longtime friend and designer @camillastaerk on a joint @paredeyewear collaboration. The lineup features three styles and 11 offerings, all of which embody a vintage feel. Get all the details on how they celebrated the collab on WWD.com. #wwdaccessories #wwdeye (📷: @slovekinpics)
“It’s a hard industry to keep motivated, as well, so finding different subjects and people is what makes it worth it – when you’re like, oh, I’ve met great people, I feel like I’ve done something good, and I feel proud of having done this,” said French actress Stacy Martin on being grateful for the variety of roles she’s take on. Read @ktauer’s full interview with Martin on her her latest film “Godard Mon Amour.” #wwdeye (📷: @danieldorsa)
After showing in front of the Eiffel Tower for his last two women’s ready-to-wear collection, it looks like @anthonyvaccarello may be heading to the Big Apple. Sources say the designer will stage his next @ysl show in NYC on June 6. Get all the details on WWD.com. #wwdnews #wwdfashion (📷: @aitorrosasphoto)
EXCLUSIVE: Two and half months after John Targon, cofounder and codesigner of Baja East, was hired as creative director of the contemporary division at Marc Jacobs, he has left the company, WWD has learned. Marc Jacobs International, which is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, confirmed Targon’s departure in a statement: “John Targon is a talented designer and we appreciate the work he has done here. Ultimately working together did not make sense for the brand and we wish him the best.” Read the story by @jessiredale, link in bio. #wwdnews
@theluxurycollection is officially launching a collection, tapping Sofia Sanchez de Betak for the capsule. Over 30 styles will be featured in the Chufy x The Luxury Collection, debuting next month at Bergdorf Goodman, The Webster, FiveStory and more. De Betak, known as “@chufy,” drew inspiration for the collection from her trips to Japan in the past year #wwdfashion
@lhd, founder and CEO of @thewebster, has teamed up with @lebonmarcherivegauche for the European launch of her ready-to-wear line, LHD. The launch will come with an exclusive pop-up opening today that’s set to run through May 20. Located on the second floor, it carries her debut Miami-themed resort collection, launched in November as see-now-buy-now. #wwdfashion