The Council of Fashion Designers of America has unfurled a slew of programs and retail collaborations to support its Fashion Targets Breast Cancer initiative this month.
Among the various programs:
• Beginning today, FashionTargetsBreastCancer.com will launch new FTBC-branded items, including an iPhone case for $34.99 and a charm for $25. In addition, the FTBC T-shirt, which has the original FTBC logo designed by Ralph Lauren, can be purchased for $34.99. Both the e-commerce site and the products were designed and developed by Villency Design Group.
• Nine West has partnered with FTBC for the fourth year in a row to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. During the week of Oct. 15-22, with each purchase in-store or online of $125 or more, Nine West will donate $25 to FTBC. As a thank-you, shoppers will receive a Nine West/FTBC-branded canvas tote featuring the hashtag #9WFTBC. Customers will also have the option of adding $1 or more to their purchase or an “add your change” opt-in at the register to donate to FTBC.
• On Oct. 24, CFDA member Jennifer Fisher, along with celebrity cohosts Kelly Ripa and Anderson Cooper, will host a charity ride for FTBC, led by SoulCycle’s Laurie Cole, at the West Village SoulCycle at 126 Leroy Street. The ride is underwritten by Carole Hochman, a CFDA board member. The first-row bikes are $1,200, second row, $600, and last row, $300. First-row bikes also include a “Fighter” cuff from Jennifer Fisher and a FTBC T-shirt. To purchase a bike, contact S.Maniatty@CFDA.com.
• For the month of October, Commando will donate $5 for every item sold on wearcommando.com.
• Finally, CFDA has joined forces with charity Web site Fashion Project to raise money for FTBC. CFDA members have donated clothing, shoes, handbags and accessories to benefit this CFDA initiative. Sixty percent of the proceeds from the sale of items on fashionproject.com will benefit FTBC. People can also donate items from their own closets by contacting Christine Rizk, president of Fashion Project, at Christine@fashionproject.com.
@chanel and @pharrell dropped what’s being dubbed as the world’s most exclusive sneakers yesterday. The Adidas Originals NMD Hu, which Williams designed in collaboration with Chanel and @adidasoriginals, has a waiting list of over 120K people who pre-registered online at chanelatcolette.fr –– and only 500 pairs are on sale. The singer predicted the resale value of the shoes could reach $40K. Read the full interview on WWD.com. Link in bio. #wwdfashion (📷: Dominique Maître)
@imanshumpert is diving deeper into his creative endeavors and relaunching his clothing line, Post 90s, and is helping to raise money for the hurricane victims in St. Maarten with a jersey he’s designed with his brother. The Cleveland Cavaliers player talked to WWD about kneeling during the national anthem, working with fashion brands and how he wants to be more than an @nba player. Read the interview on WWD.com #wwdfashion (📷: George Chinese)
Not only does #TheProfit return to CNBC tonight, but @marcuslemonis has launched @shopmarcus, a new shopping and lifestyle retail experience in Aspen and Chicago, with more locations to come. The retail stores offer in-store stylists and a variety of contemporary womenswear selections.
“It’s life, I’m going to face it,” @mingxi11 sighed. “I fell, but you know, I think the most important thing is that I get back up. I had the love, the help from my sister — the girl next to me Gizele [Oliveira] — she’s so nice. When I went backstage everybody was trying to comfort me like ‘Oh Ming, it’s OK.’ I’m really, really touched. I think it’s them who gave me the courage to go back on stage for the finale,” Xi told WWD of her fall at the @victoriassecret fashion show. (📷: David Fisher) #wwdfashion #vsfashionshow #victoriassecret
@louisvuitton tapped @therealpeterlindbergh for its latest city-centric photo book, which is part of a series called Fashion Eye. The primarily black and white book captures the spirit of Berlin in 57 images shot between 1989 and 2019. “Berlin is an inspiration for me, more than a city. I mean @millajovovich is simply Berlin!” said Lindbergh. #wwdfashion
“You know, I think audiences expect a certain performance so I have to deliver to them what they’re expecting to a certain degree. But I’m also a different actor and a different person, I have my own spin on the character,” says @noahegalvin of his takeover of the leading role in “Dear Evan Hansen” following the departure of @bensplatt, who originated the role. Read WWD’s interview with the 23-year-old actor on WWD.com #wwdeye (📷: @jilliansollazzo)
For pre-fall 2018, @etro created richly-colored wonderland, using tapestries, textiles and wallpapers from the Eastern world at large. The line featured floral and graphic prints and jacquard motifs, like this two-piece look featured here. #wwdfashion (📷: Giovanna Pavesi)
@kith is moving into children’s. The men’s and women’s streetwear brand has launched Kidset, a Kith kids line located in New York at 64 Bleecker Street. The line includes mini versions of staple Kith pieces like the Astor bomber jacket and the Kith box logo sweatshirts, along with a wall that can display up to 120 pairs of shoes from @adidas, @newbalance, @timberland and more. #wwdfashion
“I just wanted to create this fully rounded character, but I do think what excited me most was just the opportunity to give a group of people representation that I feel needs it. I like to do characters in projects that stand for something and Karolina definitely does, so that was really exciting to me,” @ginnygardner says of her new role in @hulu’s “The Runaways.” Gardner plays Karolina Dean, a queer superhero, which is a rarity for @marvel. Read more about Gardner’s character on WWD.com #wwdeye (📷: @dandoperalski)