Most Recent Articles In Fashion Features
Latest Fashion Features Articles
- POBA Teams With Organizations to Showcase Artists Who Died of AIDS
- Highlights From Chanel’s International Métiers d’Art, Pre-Fall and Resort Shows
- Spring 2016 Runway Music: A Mixed Bag
More Articles By
The Council of Fashion Designers of America has unfurled a slew of programs and retail collaborations to support its Fashion Targets Breast Cancer initiative this month.
This story first appeared in the October 7, 2013 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
Among the various programs:
• Beginning today, FashionTargetsBreastCancer.com will launch new FTBC-branded items, including an iPhone case for $34.99 and a charm for $25. In addition, the FTBC T-shirt, which has the original FTBC logo designed by Ralph Lauren, can be purchased for $34.99. Both the e-commerce site and the products were designed and developed by Villency Design Group.
• Nine West has partnered with FTBC for the fourth year in a row to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. During the week of Oct. 15-22, with each purchase in-store or online of $125 or more, Nine West will donate $25 to FTBC. As a thank-you, shoppers will receive a Nine West/FTBC-branded canvas tote featuring the hashtag #9WFTBC. Customers will also have the option of adding $1 or more to their purchase or an “add your change” opt-in at the register to donate to FTBC.
• On Oct. 24, CFDA member Jennifer Fisher, along with celebrity cohosts Kelly Ripa and Anderson Cooper, will host a charity ride for FTBC, led by SoulCycle’s Laurie Cole, at the West Village SoulCycle at 126 Leroy Street. The ride is underwritten by Carole Hochman, a CFDA board member. The first-row bikes are $1,200, second row, $600, and last row, $300. First-row bikes also include a “Fighter” cuff from Jennifer Fisher and a FTBC T-shirt. To purchase a bike, contact S.Maniatty@CFDA.com.
• For the month of October, Commando will donate $5 for every item sold on wearcommando.com.
• Finally, CFDA has joined forces with charity Web site Fashion Project to raise money for FTBC. CFDA members have donated clothing, shoes, handbags and accessories to benefit this CFDA initiative. Sixty percent of the proceeds from the sale of items on fashionproject.com will benefit FTBC. People can also donate items from their own closets by contacting Christine Rizk, president of Fashion Project, at Christine@fashionproject.com.