Most Recent Articles In Fashion Features
Latest Fashion Features Articles
- Paris Museum to Showcase 300 Years of Fashion
- Banana Republic Summer 2016
- Video: Variety and WWD Inaugural Stylemakers Event
More Articles By
NEW YORK — With Christmas days away and Chanukah in full swing, shoppers are scrambling for gifts and also buying designer outfits. Some are looking for pieces to wear at lunches or dinners, including New Year’s celebrations, while others are making purchases to complete their vacation wardrobes with fashion from resort collections. Here, a roundup of the top-selling items in designer apparel this season.
This story first appeared in the December 19, 2006 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
- Dolce & Gabbana’s leopard trench, $3,495.
- Oscar de la Renta’s bouclé and crepe shift dresses, from $1,650 to $2,350.
- Tory Burch’s black “Lou Lou” dress, $395.
- Chanel’s black tweed jacket, $3,990; denim wide-legged jeans, $1,190, and ecru graffiti dress, $6,190.
- Valentino’s navy viscose sweater, $1,450, and canary double-hem skirt, $1,380.
- Christian Dior’s gold-lacquer linen trenchcoat, $1,740.
Barneys New york
- Lutz and Patmos’ crème cashmere tunic with a double-wrap belt, $625.
- Peter Soronen’s champagne lace capelet, $595.
- Bottega Veneta’s gold butterfly polo shirt, $295.
Saks Fifth Avenue
- Yves Saint Laurent’s black jersey tie-front dress, $1,295
- Carolina Herrera’s white eyelet and floral appliqué dress, $2,890
- Royal blue-and-pink or black-and-white cardigan, $2,390.
- Blue jeans, $1,190.
Donna Karan New York
- Gossamer stretch pleated chiffon dress with bow-tie shoulder in coral or black, $2,495.
- Black stretch-crepe wool gauze off-the-shoulder wrap and tie jacket, $1,995.
- Streamlined, high-waist pant, $695.
- Healy dress in a silk jacquard floral, $2,898.
- “Sophie” blouse in cotton shirting, $798.
- Hooded “Tonya” cable cape, $2,998.
Frances Heffernan, Winnetka, Ill.
- Akris’ mint-green jacket with a satin skirt, $4,000.
- Rena Lange’s blue-and-white silk organza jacket embellished with a pale-blue flower and leaf pattern, $2,495.
- Piazza Sempione’s white cotton skirt, $495.
- Tara Matthews skull jumpsuits, $250.
- Erin Fetherston’s fuchsia dress with a ruffle hem, $1,380.
- Madeline Weinrib’s ikat jacket, $1,600.
- Azzedine Alaïa’s double-breasted black felt coat, $3,320.
- Duro’s abstract and floral-print dress, $1,815.
- Rick Owens’ black and metallic white paneled jacket, $4,635.
Dolce & Gabbana
- Black tulle and beaded cocktail dress, $15,000.
- Black tuxedo shirt with black paillettes, $1,595.
- Gold matelasse cocktail dress, $1,595.
Calvin Klein Collection
- Liquid viscose stretch jersey ruched “Bellamy” dress, $1,075.
- Black jersey tank sheath dress, $700.
- Viscose modified scuba top, $675.
- Prussian blue puff-sleeved silk chiffon layered dress, $3,890.
- Black wool and silk tuxedo jacket, $1,385, and trousers, $745.
- Pearl lace trenchcoat, $4,435.
- Ivory and blue cotton floral-print coat, $2,595.
- Indigo viscose ribbed boatneck dress, $1,475.
- Ivory and rose cotton floral-print jacket, $2,395;
cotton V-neck top, $845, and silk linen Bermuda shorts, $795.