Most Recent Articles In Fashion Features
Latest Fashion Features Articles
- Marques’ Almeida’s Marta Marques and Paulo Almeida Win LVMH Prize
- Brooke Shields at FIT Graduation: Talks Career, Fears and George Michael
- Looking Back: Elizabeth Taylor’s Yellow Wedding Dress
More Articles By
Juicy Couture is on a roll.
The company that made its claim to fame with the fitted velour track suit for a contemporary customer has sparked quite a trend. Not only are celebrities like Madonna and Jennifer Lopez big fans of the Juicy sets, but the firm has caused quite a stir in the apparel industry.
Today, J.Lo offers her own version of the track suits in her JLo by Jennifer Lopez line and just about every junior brand from XOXO and Rampage to Rocawear and Baby Phat all have their own versions of the popular Juicy set.
With the company, which has an annual volume of $47 million, being purchased in March by Liz Claiborne Inc., some have wondered if the creativity will suffer. But founders Pam Skaist-Levy and Gela Taylor remain at the creative helm and Claiborne has given the brand the means to extend its reach. Among the projects in development are:
- Plans to extend the full range of product offerings to include more denim jeans, cold weather accessories, parkas, dressier cashmere sets and fur-lined fleece hoodies for fall.
- While launching a line of bowling bags for fall, the design duo is also on the hunt for an accessories license.
- Juicy Couture’s men’s line will expand to include more jeans, logo T-shirts and track suits.