BG GETS CREATIVE: Aidan Kemp, senior art director of Bergdorf Goodman since September 2000, has been named vice president of advertising and creative director, Jim Gold, the store's president and chief executive officer, said Wednesday. Kemp replaces Ted Deitert, who left the company earlier this month. Deitert reported to Michael Crotty, senior vice president of marketing, who, as reported, is leaving the company to become ceo of Fotolog, a photo blogging service. A spokeswoman said it hasn't been decided to whom Kemp will report. Kemp, who will oversee and execute the Bergdorf Goodman Magazine, also will be responsible for advertising and direct mail. Prior to joining Bergdorf Goodman, Kemp was men's editor at J. Crew and worked at the Arnell Group, an advertising agency with clients such as Fendi, Donna Karan, The Limited, Banana Republic and Chanel.

AMIES GETS CASH INJECTION: Hardy Amies, the Savile Row couture and ready-to-wear house that is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year, has just received a cash boost. The company, which is listed on London's AIM stock exchange, got a cash injection of 2.8 million pounds, or $5 million, from Arev, an Icelandic company. Tim Maltin, who has been spearheading the company's turnaround, will remain chief executive. "Essentially, Arev is backing me to carry on the work I have been doing," Maltin told WWD. Maltin has been seeking to build the company through licensing deals in the U.K. and abroad, and increasing numbers of retail outlets for the men's and women's rtw. Arev now holds a 49 percent stake in Hardy Amies, with the remaining 51 percent held by private individuals. The company's founder and namesake, who once dressed Queen Elizabeth, died in 2003. Ian Garlant, who trained under him, is the company's creative director and designer.

VUITTON'S JAPAN MAN: LVJ Group has tapped Kiyotaka Fujii as president of the Japanese arm of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton. Fujii also will manage Louis Vuitton Japan Co. as president and chief executive officer. He will succeed Kyojiro Hara, who worked for the brand for 28 years. Fujii takes on his new role on May 8. Hara will become a member of the director's board of Louis Vuitton Malletier in Paris and special adviser to Yves Carcelle, Louis Vuitton's chairman and ceo. Emanuel Pratt, president of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton Japan, also will become a representative director of LVJ Group. LVJ Group consists of Louis Vuitton, Loewe, Celine, Fendi, Emilio Pucci, Berluti and Celux. Louis Vuitton has 52 stores, including 40 stores in department stores, throughout Japan.

To Read the Full Article

Tap into our Global Network

Of Industry Leaders and Designers

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus