1. Name: Katie Fike Home: Durham, N.C. Mother"s home: Atlanta Gift: A J. Crew sundress. Store: J. Crew Price: $295 Inspiration: "She never buys anything for herself, and she needs, like, a conservative party/sundress for stuff she has this summer. She"s supersmall — barely 5 feet and 90 pounds — and J. Crew has pretty small petites, so I got it in a P0 [petite zero] in the color espresso."
2. Name: Alex Davis Home: St. Louis Mother"s home: St. Louis Gift: A Lilly Pulitzer polo and skirt, plus a golf club. Stores: Lilly Pulitzer store and Westwood Country Club"s pro shop. Price: About $160 for the outfit and $200 for the club. Inspiration: "My adorable mother loves to ‘play" golf and started about a year ago, so she has been slowly adding to her golf club set and we knew she wanted this one club. I knew she would love another outfit for golf."
3. Name: Megan Geswein Home: Chicago Mother"s home: Kettering, Ohio Gift: Burberry visor and thong espadrilles. Store: Nordstrom Price: $225 Inspiration: "The visor is for golf and gardening and the shoes are to match one of her new cute white skirts."
4. Name: Allison Conrad Home: New York Mother"s home: San Diego Gift: Trina Turk Janet pants in khaki and black. Store: Trina Turk Price: $172 each. Inspiration: "The pants look great on her supertiny petite frame and are stylish, yet appropriate, for a woman in her late 50s. She looks adorable in them and already bought them in chocolate."5. Name: Erica Peppers Home: Scarsdale, N.Y. Mother"s home: Scarsdale, N.Y. Gift: A black leather Prada wallet. Store: Saks Fifth Avenue Price: $355 Inspiration: "My mom"s current wallet is starting to get quite worn. She was talking about the style/material/color wallet she was looking for, and we found this one that met her criteria that we think she will like."
6. Name: Emily York Home: Los Angeles Mother"s home: Georgetown, Ky. Gift: A Coach wallet or purse. Store: Coach Price: $150 to $300. Inspiration: "My mom is coming to L.A. for my 30th....I"m going to take her to lunch at Spago in Beverly Hills and then let her pick something at the Coach store across the Street on Rodeo Drive — a wallet or a purse maybe?"
7. Name: Lauren Gindes Home: Raleigh, N.C. Mother"s home: Cherry Hill, N.J. Gift: Prada sunglasses. Store: Saks Fifth Avenue Price: About $275. Inspiration: "The inspiration was my mom looking at them every time we went to Saks. I realized she wasn"t going to buy them for herself."
8. Name: Missy Lay Home: New York Mother"s home: Austin, Tex. Gift: Gardeners Hand Therapy cream Store: Crabtree & Evelyn Price: $21 Inspiration: "She"s obsessed, so I get it for her at every major holiday."
9. Name: Brett Green Home: Menlo Park, Calif. Mother"s home: Winston-Salem, N.C. Gift: A red Talbots blazer. Store: Talbots Price: $188 Inspiration: "She saw it one time when we were together and liked it, but wouldn"t buy it for herself."10. Name: Molly Waxman Home: New York Mother"s home: Austin, Tex. Gift: Kooba Julia bag in taupe python. Store: Bloomingdale"s Price: $625 Inspiration: "She absolutely loved the bag I bought her in the fall, but now she wants a fun bag for summer. I thought that a print would be the perfect way to go. The python is young, but still sophisticated."
@tradesy is turning the concept of a showroom upside down with its new space in Santa Monica. Here, the company plans to hold events, art exhibits and a showcase rare fashion pieces like this Louis Vuitton boxing set. Get all the details on Tradesy’s first showroom on WWD.com. #wwdnews
Spotted last night at the @erdem x @hm launch event: Kate Bosworth, Rashida Jones, Kirsten Dunst and Selma Blair. The party, which took place in LA, also marked the opening of their pop-up shop. “I was interested in creating a collection that wasn’t in any way disposable. It was about pieces you’d create and keep forever, things that have a permanence to it,” designer Erdem Moralioglu said. #wwdeye (📷: Katie Jones)
Renee Zellweger in yellow in 2001 and again in 2017. Chosen as one of the 12 @pantone Leading Spring Colors (and dubbed “Meadowlark”), it only makes sense that the bright hue stands the test of time and is making a resurgence this season, seen already on stars like @blakelively and @gigihadid. (📷: Donato Sardello & @rexfeatures) #wwdfashion #tbt
Dior’s 70th anniversary celebration continues with a new exhibition at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto. “Christian Dior,” which is scheduled to run through March 18, takes a look at the founders tenure from 1947 to 1057 and feature 40 designs. Pictured here is an evening gown from the Ailée, fall 1948-49 haute couture collection. #wwdfashion (📷: Brian Boyle)
As one of the most recognizable models in the world, Christy Turlington Burns has an insider’s view of the fashion industry and the allegations of sexual harassment swirling around it. “I can say that harassment and mistreatment have always been widely known and tolerated in the industry. The industry is surrounded by predators who thrive on the constant rejection and loneliness so many of us have experiences at some point in our careers,” Turlington told WWD, along with her suggestions for how the modeling world should protect younger women and men. Read more on WWD.com. Link in bio. (📷: Tony Palmieri) #wwdnews
@asics America has tapped a new brand ambassador: famed DJ/record producer @steveaoki. This initiative is intended to set the tone for the new brand identity and philosophy and will include partnerships with influencers and in-store and off-line activations that will continue into next year. This is Asics’ most significant marketing effort in two decades, and is expected to attract younger consumers to the brand. #wwdfashion
24-year-old Jean Prounis is redefining the rules of jewelry. Formerly a studio assistant to Jemima Kirke and a design apprentice at Ghuran, she focuses on handcrafted subtleties and ancient goldsmithing techniques. “There was a really sterile feel in the environment and I wanted to have jewelry with character that shapes how you wear it everyday,” Prounis said. Each piece is hand made in New York, either by Prounis or three other jewelers in the district. #wwdfashion
“These collections continue to build on that vision, empowering differently abled adults to express themselves through fashion,” said @tommyhilfiger of his line of adaptive apparel, which launches today. The line consists of 37 men’s and 34 women’s styles based upon the pieces from the spring Tommy Hilfiger sportswear collection. #wwdnews