CHARGE IT: One way to ramp up excitement within a company’s sales force is to give away cold hard cash — or credit. Bain de Terre recently sponsored the Bain de Terre MasterCard Distributor Sales Consultant program to support the launch of the new Bain de Terre hair care line. The program asked distributors and sales consultants to sell the heck out of three new Bain de Terre promotional prepacks to salons in order to earn Bain de Terre debit MasterCard dollars. Approximately 400 distributor sales consultants and 27 Bain de Terre distributors participated, earning thousands of dollars toward their debit cards.

BOXING WALT FRAZIER: Basketball Hall-of-Famer and sports analyst Walt Frazier is the new model for the Natural Jet Black shade of Just For Men‚ Mustache, Beard and Sideburn Brush-In Color Gel. Frazier’s sense of style and popularity among 35- to 64-year-old men made him the pick for the new box. Frazier is a longtime user of the product. He is even quoted on the box, using some of his infamous rhyming:"Don’t look antiquated, get rejuvenated," "The look is realistic and using it is simplistic," "It makes me elated…gets the gray in my beard eradicated" and "Looks cool…keeps on making the ladies drool." Products retail for $7 at mass, food and drug retailers.

SPA TIME: Spa owner Steiner Leisure Ltd. has acquired the outstanding equity interests in Mandara resort spas. Steiner Leisure had acquired 60 percent of the international resort spa operator in July 2001. At that time, the remaining 40 percent of equity interests were owned by Shiseido Co. Ltd. and its subsidiary, Shiseido Investment US Inc. Steiner Leisure paid to Shiseido a total of 400,000 Steiner Leisure common shares in consideration for the Mandara equity interests. Steiner Leisure, which operates spas and salons on 106 cruise ships, 52 resort spas and 17 luxury day spas, is planning the opening of Elemis Spa in Coral Gables on January 9. The spa will be the company’s first domestic spa under the Elemis moniker, a brand the company also uses for its entire spa product line. Elemis, as well as other Steiner private label products including La Therapie, Ionithermie, and Steiner Hair Care, are sold on a company-run Web site,

To continue reading this article...

To Read the Full Article

Tap into our Global Network

Of Industry Leaders and Designers

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus