Most Recent Articles In Fashion Features
Latest Fashion Features Articles
- Louis Vuitton Lands in Rio
- Syracuse Presents Fashion Without Limitations
- Edmundo Castillo Talks Life, Career at Cooper Hewitt
More Articles By
What goes around definitely comes around and fashion’s spin cycle is running full speed. Denim styles from the last century have caught up to us again, but designers are offering a few savvy updates to make sure they aren’t condemned to repeat them.
– Dust Bowl girls wore overalls to cover up and keep clean. Today’s city girl isn’t afraid to get a little messy.
This story first appeared in the May 22, 2008 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
– A symbol of Fifties antiestablishment, dark wash jeans are also appropriate for today’s rebel without a cause.
– Hold the flash, keep the flare. One of today’s most popular silhouettes channels the disco era.
– The no-fuss, cool-kid twist on acid-washed and distressed looks assures that they won’t fade away.
runway photos by giovanni giannoni and robert mitra; vintage images courtesy of fox photos/getty images, sunset boulevard/corbis, Hulton-deutsch collection/corbis and michael ochs archives/getty images