Most Recent Articles In Fashion Features
Latest Fashion Features Articles
- TV and the Movies Go Back to School
- The Fashion Crowd Celebrates National Dog Day on Instagram
- Annette Worsley-Taylor, Former Creative Director of London Fashion Week, Dies at 71
More Articles By
Since being mailed to homes Jan. 6, the top five bestsellers for spring at the moderate-to-better Newport News catalog are:
This story first appeared in the February 5, 2003 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
1. Soft stone ruffle sequin skirt, $59.
2. Gauze smocked peasant top, $12.
3. Soft rose crinkled top, $24.
4. Red crochet two-piece set, $99.
5. Western sandblasted jean with leather-tied belt, $49.
These bestsellers prove that “women are looking for things soft and feminine and apparel with special detailing,” said Geralynn Madonna, president and chief operating officer of Newport News. Average prices in the catalog run from $10 for a T-shirt and $24 for a blouse to $199 for a leather jacket.