Most Recent Articles In Fashion Scoops
Latest Fashion Scoops Articles
- Valentino Collaborates With Vanessa Beecroft on ‘Rockstud Untitled’ Installation
- Cushnie et Ochs Partners with Bandier, Pamela Love
- Royal Ascot Teams Up With Eight Milliners on Hat Collective
More Articles By
SWEATER GAME: Suzanne Clements and Inacio Ribeiro are coming back from the wilderness, with the relaunch of their namesake brand set for next spring, likely in Paris. Getting off to a playful start, the designer duo will present a limited edition line of reconditioned cashmere pieces during couture week, decorated by longtime collaborator Karen Nicol with vintage bits and bobs. “There are Art Deco belt buckles, toy parts, some of the [ornaments] are really bonkers,” said Ribeiro. “It goes from the very sophisticated to the very kitsch.” Next up, the duo plans to present a knitwear line — long one of their fortes — this fall, followed by a full fashion collection in the spring.
ON POINT: Albert Kriemler is indulging his passion for ballet once more. The Akris designer has again collaborated with composer John Neumeier and designed costumes for “The Legend of Joseph” by Richard Strauss, which opens at the Hamburg Ballet on Sunday.
This story first appeared in the June 27, 2008 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
RENO’S NEW GAMBLE: Noelle Reno’s time at Degrees of Freedom — the luxe loungewear brand she launched with her ex-fiancé Matthew Mellon — may have ended, but she says she’s not turning her back on the fashion world. “As one door closes another door opens,” said Reno, speaking from her family’s ranch in Arizona. “Since I’ve left, some amazing opportunities have been presented to me. I think it’s meant to be in a way.”
Reno said she was asked to leave the business after her relationship with Mellon ended earlier this year. She declined to comment on whether fall orders for the brand, whose collection of cashmere hoodies, pants and tank tops is sold at stores including Harvey Nichols, Intermix and Fred Segal, would be fulfilled. Reno held a 49 percent stake in the brand, while Mellon held the remaining 51 percent.
Reno, who was responsible for wholesale sales for the brand alongside her role as creative director, said she would be “a fool to not stay in the business,” after the experience. She even has a new project in the works. “I’ve got the opportunity to revive an old brand with a ton of history, which is very exciting,” said Reno, who declined to name the brand in question.
SPEEDO OLYMPIC SUIT UNVEILED: Although Speedo’s Olympic-edition Team USA LZR Racer won’t officially debut until Beijing, on Thursday the activewear company unveiled the red, white and blue performance swimsuit designed by Comme des Garçons in conjunction with the U.S. Olympic Team Trials that begin Sunday in Omaha. “I was interested in expressing the energy and the power that comes from the spirit, embodied in the meaning of the calligraphy, together with the will to win for one’s country, symbolized by the iconic flag of the U.S.A.,” Comme des Garçons’ Rei Kawakubo said. The suit will be individually created for, and exclusively available to, all members of Team USA in Beijing.