PARIS — Maxime Simoëns is delving into men’s wear for the first time.

The designer said on Monday that he is launching a new line of ready-to-wear for guys, called MX Maxime Simoëns.

The designer, who debuted his signature women’s rtw label seven years ago, will present his first men’s wear collection during Paris fashion week in June.

“I want to finally see my creations on the street,” Simoëns said of his first line that will include pieces with graphic prints and pure, structured lines. Inspiration for it was drawn from the world of sportswear and the latest technology, the company stated.

“Acclaimed by the stars, Maxime Simoëns is withdrawing from the red carpet to focus on the big city asphalt,” his company stated. “His new line offers a timeless wardrobe for everyday wear at affordable prices.”

Simoëns had been off the women’s rtw calendar of late. In mid-January 2015, it was learned that the designer had parted ways with his high-profile backer LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton and decided to take a pause with his signature women’s collection after having staged runway shows in the French capital.

WWD broke the news in 2012 that Simoën’s fledgling business had attracted a minority investment from LVMH.

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus