ON SECOND THOUGHT: Two weeks after publicly announcing that she would not be having a runway show, Betsey Johnson has changed her mind and will be back at next month’s New York Fashion Week. The designer will have her models lined up and ready to go in the Lincoln Center tents Feb. 11 at 5 p.m. Johnson said, “I just could not stay away from fashion week. I wanted to do this for myself and for all of my fans to show that I’ve still got it and I am not going anywhere.”
In a Q&A with Fern Mallis at 92Y earlier this month, Johnson said her commercially viable collection was not catwalk worthy.
This story first appeared in the January 28, 2013 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.