- A.B.S. by Allen Schwartz: Inspired by A.B.S. dresses and sportswear, in brightly colored solids, graphic and modern art prints, made by Blue Water Design Group.
- Custo Barcelona: A 60-piece collection, with 30 bikinis and 15 one-piece suits, and 19 cover-ups, including tunics and beach dresses “in the same [design] language as the sportswear,” said Custo Dalmau, designer.
- La Perla Mare: A new 18-piece collection, inspired by iconic New York scenes and modern art, to wholesale from $250 to $400 and launched at a July 18 event at the Gansevoort South hotel.
- Red Carter Glam: A 30-piece collection of “aspirational” embellished bikinis targeting high-end stores such as Barneys New York and Saks Fifth Avenue. In black, embellished with pearls, fringe and hardware details.
- Relax by Tommy Bahama: A 40-piece collection of swimwear, with 15 related cover-ups such as shorts in Hawaiian and vintage prints for men and women, aimed at the younger customer.
- Pistol Panties: Based in the U.K., Colombian designer Deborah Fleming is inspired by Bond girls, with a collection that includes cabochon bib collars, ruffled, one-shoulder one-pieces, novelty prints like oversize houndstooth, pineapples and Tiffany glass-inspired florals, and suits covered in Swarovski crystals.
@kith is moving into children’s. The men’s and women’s streetwear brand has launched Kidset, a Kith kids line located in New York at 64 Bleecker Street. The line includes mini versions of staple Kith pieces like the Astor bomber jacket and the Kith box logo sweatshirts, along with a wall that can display up to 120 pairs of shoes from @adidas, @newbalance, @timberland and more. #wwdfashion
“I just wanted to create this fully rounded character, but I do think what excited me most was just the opportunity to give a group of people representation that I feel needs it. I like to do characters in projects that stand for something and Karolina definitely does, so that was really exciting to me,” @ginnygardner says of her new role in @hulu’s “The Runaways.” Gardner plays Karolina Dean, a queer superhero, which is a rarity for @marvel. Read more about Gardner’s character on WWD.com #wwdeye (📷: @dandoperalski)
@heriethpaul and @gracebol have a moment on the @victoriassecret fashion show 2017. See every look from the runway on WWD.com. Link in bio. (📷: @giovanni_giannoni_photo) #wwdfashion #victoriassecret #VSFashionShow
“Azzedine has been one of the biggest influences in my life. He has always been such a strong, loving, fatherly figure to me. I call him Papa. His designs are indescribably unique, they are pieces of art. He knew how to make the female form look its loveliest. I have so many memories of him; my favorite might be during my first show with him in Paris. He liked me and he wanted to help me get more work. He called all his friends at Kenzo and Comme des Garcons, and asked them to book me. They said, ‘But she can’t walk!’ And he said, ‘but she has such a great ass!' His friendship and support has been the great privilege of my career. I can't imagine life without him. Repose en paix mon Papa.” - @stephanieseymour tells @wwd. #wwdfashion (📷: @steveeichner) #alaia #azzedinealaia
Azzedine Alaïa, flanked by two of his closest friends, models Stephanie Seymour and Naomi Campbell.
He designed Seymour’s dress for her 1995 wedding to Peter Brant, and treated Campbell (who famously called him Papa), like a daughter. For more on the legendary designer, tap the link in bio. #wwdfashion #alaia #azzedinealaia