Most Recent Articles In Intimates and Activewear
Latest Intimates and Activewear Articles
- Reebok and the UFC Team for ‘Fight Kit’
- Adidas Talks up Recycling at Parley for the Oceans Event at the United Nations
- Hanro to Introduce Ath-leisure Line
More Articles By
Hue hosiery is getting a facelift.
After a decade of merchandising its basic and fashion sheer hosiery with generic-looking images in solid pale pink, blue and yellow backgrounds, the legwear specialist is launching an updated range of images and logos for fall.
The redo will appear on packaging, which will feature an oversize black Hue logo on a white background. The three sheer classifications include:
• So Sexy Sheer rendered in pink lettering with images of nude and black sheer legs and torsos.
• Essential Solutions in oversize blue letters with images of women walking and kicking up their heels in black-and-white sheer control hosiery. Essential Solutions was formerly marketed as Age Defiance.
• Gotta Have It, a fashion group identified by bold yellow print with a motif of bright pink lips as well as a scanned image of textured sheers that look like a bar code.
Jody Eskenazi, director of marketing for Kayser-Roth Corp., an affiliate of The Golden Lady Group and owner of the Hue brand, said the idea for a new format was based on the success of revamping Silky Sheer last year, a sheer hosiery group with invisible built-in toes that has a soft, silklike hand.
“We felt it was about time to update the whole look. Hue is about a modern look and feel. It’s very clean, modern and easy, and the new packaging makes it easy to shop,” said Eskenazi.
She added that the packaging will feature a small color-coded image with former imagery on the front of the envelope-shaped package.
“Women who have been buying the product for years will be able to recognize it on the new packaging,” she explained.
The So Sexy Sheer segment includes a French Lace Thigh Hi and three pantyhose styles — Toeless With Lace, French Lace Control Top and Back Seam Control Top. Essential Solutions pantyhose includes Clear Control, Age Defiance Control Top, No Waistband Control Top, Opaque Control Top and Sheer Shaper.
“It’s a multiple-price program so a woman can purchase one pair for $8.50 or two pairs [from the sheer groups] for $15,” said Eskenazi.