– A.B.S. by Allen Schwartz: Inspired by A.B.S. dresses and sportswear, in brightly colored solids, graphic and modern art prints, made by Blue Water Design Group.
This story first appeared in the July 30, 2008 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
– Custo Barcelona: A 60-piece collection, with 30 bikinis and 15 one-piece suits, and 19 cover-ups, including tunics and beach dresses “in the same [design] language as the sportswear,” said Custo Dalmau, designer.
– La Perla Mare: A new 18-piece collection, inspired by iconic New York scenes and modern art, to wholesale from $250 to $400 and launched at a July 18 event at the Gansevoort South hotel.
– Red Carter Glam: A 30-piece collection of “aspirational” embellished bikinis targeting high-end stores such as Barneys New York and Saks Fifth Avenue. In black, embellished with pearls, fringe and hardware details.
– Relax by Tommy Bahama: A 40-piece collection of swimwear, with 15 related cover-ups such as shorts in Hawaiian and vintage prints for men and women, aimed at the younger customer.
– Pistol Panties: Based in the U.K., Colombian designer Deborah Fleming is inspired by Bond girls, with a collection that includes cabochon bib collars, ruffled, one-shoulder one-pieces, novelty prints like oversize houndstooth, pineapples and Tiffany glass-inspired florals, and suits covered in Swarovski crystals.