Some 14 companies or individuals were recognized in the fields of apparel, accessories, retail, beauty and interior design at Fashion Group International of Chicago’s fifth annual Rising Stars awards. The event was held last month at the city’s Ivy Room. The award winners in their respective categories were:
• DieterBennet, a collaboration of Dieter Kirkwood and Bennet Cousins, two former Columbia College students, who showed their tailored, minimalistic line at New York Fashion Week.
• Blake Standard, a line of casual women’s sportswear designed by Pierre Colorado, former senior designer for Abercrombie & Fitch. The line is available at Neiman Marcus Cusp locations.
• 5P1T, a new label referencing the wardrobe staples — five-pocket jeans and T-shirts. Run by Richard Morse and Daryl Sneed, the line will be sold at Macy’s on State Street this fall.
• Diego Rocha Designs, a handbag line known for its use and mixing of exotic skins. Designed by Diego Rocha, the handbags are available at Macy’s on State Street.
• Jill Alberts, a jewelry designer specializing in vintage-inspired pieces sold at Bergdorf Goodman among other stores.
• Tivi, an accessory line from Paul Lewin and Ryan Wither that focuses on fusing stainless steel, leather and wood in jewelry, handbags and other items.
• Ashley Sierra, creative director and head of styling for Michael Anthony Salon Spa.
• Colorlab Cosmetics, a custom-blend cosmetics line founded by Mary Swaab that is available at Macy’s on State Street.
• Silken Tent, a suburban Glenview, Ill., spa specializing in eco-friendly products and services.
• Akira, a collection of six Chicago boutiques that incorporate private label fast fashions with designer dresses and footwear.
• Primitive, a retail space combining furniture, artifacts, textiles, jewelry and clothing.
• She Boutique, a women’s specialty store featuring West Coast and European fashions operating both city and suburban Highland Park locations.
• Matt Lorenz, an interior designer and winner of Bravo’s “Top Design” last year.
• Jill Salisbury, a local pioneer in green design and founder and chief designer of el: Environmental Language.
• Simeone Deary Design Group, an interior design firm with work ranging from the Stadium Club at Wrigley Field to Spiaggia restaurant on Michigan Avenue.