Most Recent Articles In Textiles
Latest Textiles Articles
- Pakistani Mills Deal With Price Issues as Exports Rise
- Messe Frankfurt France Launches Fair for High-Tech Fabrics
- The Fiber Price Sheet: June 30, 2015
More Articles By
NEW YORK — Sabine le Chatelier, deputy fashion director of Première Vision, presented key fabric themes for fall-winter 2014-15 at Première Vision Preview here last week, including:
• Color and shape mixtures: Blending naturals with synthetics, smooth and textured and matte and shiny materials, double-sided prints, sculptural silhouettes in bold patterns, and multicolor or color-blocked styling in women’s; shadow prints, minimal decoration on trousers and shirts, and wool and cotton mixes in men’s.
• Textures and crafts: Slubbed yarns, jacquards, irregular patterns, uneven dyes, waxed or coated fabrics, tweeds and flannels and mineral materials such as copper and bronze yarns and effects.
• Volume matters: Fake furs and mohairs, puffy embroideries, light quilting and foamy knits.
• Easy architecture: Soft broadcloths, malleable felts, light moleskins, dense velvets, refined Neoprenes, stretch woolens and supple fleeces.
• Casual chic: Touches of color and playful trims in casual looks, washed-out effects and colored patinas.
• Sporty elegance: Light chemical-color activewear, multicolor outdoor styles, well-being and energizing touches for fitness.