Most Recent Articles In Textiles
Latest Textiles Articles
- India Seeks to Revamp Textile, Apparel Production
- Unifi Inks Repreve Distribution Deals in Turkey and Taiwan
- Argentine Industry Hopes for Presidential Election Boost
More Articles By
Sabine le Chatelier, deputy fashion director of Première Vision, presented several key themes she felt will be important for spring 2014 fabrics, including:
• Material Intensity: Textured jacquards, updated raffia and tweeds, crude embroideries and rustic fleece representing “raw luxury,” and “magnified minerals” represented by sandy shades and muted pastels, knit or woven crepes, spongy textures and blurry prints, discreet washings and seersuckers, stone motifs and mineral embroideries an appliques, and stone and wood buttons and trims.
• Voluptuous Mutations: Mixed materials such as lace and neoprene, silk and plastic, coatings on casual linen and cotton, sparkling tweeds and wools, along with coated plasticized laces, embroideries lacquered looks and mother-of-pearl buttons.
• Energetic Constructions: Layered translucency, gauzes, organzas and voile knits mixed with hollow geometrics, open-working, perforated knits, quilted and embossed looks, honeycombs and glass buttons and transparent zippers, all for an “airy, futuristic and weightless mood.” A “sharpened fineness” is achieved with crisp linens, cotton and polyamide opaques, and mini checks and houndstooths.
RELATED STORY: N.Y. Shows Explore Trade’s New World >>