Most Recent Articles In Textiles
Latest Textiles Articles
- Nonprofit Helps Boost Artisan Revenues by 76%
- Italian Sustainability Confab Details Advances and Problems
- Google Creates Levi’s Jacket With Conductive Yarn
More Articles By
Sabine Le Chatelier, deputy fashion director of Première Vision, highlighted key colors, looks and fabrics in a trend seminar at the show. She said texture and subtlety will be important in the spring 2015 season, with color palettes that emphasize pastels, faded colors and golden yellows. Among other key elements are:
• Air currents: Sheer, opaque and ultralight crepes; open-weave knits, pleats and vents.
• Volume and dimension: Folded-fabric silhouettes, bonded lace, cut-yarn motifs, perforated tulle and voile, geometric stripes and iridescent fabrics.
• Tactile effects: Grainy fabrics, soft graphics, textured piqué, second-skin stretch viscose, jacquards and “dirty” denim.
• On the edge: “Unfinished” designs, mix-and-match fabrics, hand-drawn and pencillike prints, “dusty” shading and bleached and worn looks.
RELATED STORY: N.Y. Fairs Reflect Shifting Landscape >>