Most Recent Articles In Digital
Latest Digital Articles
- Instagram Dedicates Video Channel to Met Ball Coverage
- Disney, Apple Developments in China Spark Concern
- Awear Smart Chips Bringing Internet of Things to Fashion
More Articles By
What’s new in the world of technology.
• Yahoo is getting aggressive in the fashion and beauty space, naming Bobbi Brown editor in chief of its beauty channel and reportedly recruiting Elle creative director Joe Zee to head up its fashion site.
• Tom Ford talked the digital world this week, admitting the only reason he has a cell phone is so he can watch his son Alexander.
• Rachel Tipograph stepped down as Gap Inc.’s director of global digital and social media after three years on the job. No successor has been named.
• Ippolita named Ashley Bryan chief marketing officer as part of its increased focus on e-commerce.
• John Varvatos said omnichannel is in his future, but it’s still being tested. The designer has redone his Web site and is refocusing it and revamping it.
• The Webby Award nominees were revealed, with Condé Nast and Condé Nast Entertainment getting 38 nominations; Hearst, eight; Wenner Media’s Rolling Stone, three, and National Geographic, five.
• Moda Operandi named three merchandising executives to its team: Elizabeth Morgan, Mary Chiam and Amalia Keramitsis.
• The famous Loehmann’s is making a comeback — but online. A new Web site under the name is being launched by Charles Koppelman of brand development and advisory firm CAK Entertainment Inc.
• Glamour magazine spun off a new beauty Web site, Lipstick.com.