May 11, 2013
A snapshot of the most buzzed-about stories on WWD’s Twitter feed, based on readers’ clicks.
• Attendees at the Met gala did their best to bring the punk spirit of ’77 with them to the Upper East Side.
• The #MetGala crowd made its way to the Temple of Dendur and the Top of the Standard for a series of after parties.
• Kate Moss has become the first-ever face of self-tanning brand St. Tropez in its debut global ad campaign.
• Model Call: Ali Lohan, @aliana, talks her relationship with big sister Lindsay and new contract with Wilhelmina.
• The name of the Kardashians’ beauty line has been changed to Kardashian Beauty to end a legal dispute.
• Over the weekend, British tabloid The Sun published paparazzo photos of model Cara Delevingne.
• Parsons has cancelled a three-day master class scheduled for spring that was to be taught by John Galliano.
• The Wet Seal Inc. agreed to pay $7.5 million to settle a class action discrimination lawsuit.
• Stella McCartney made an appearance as the new patron of Peek & Cloppenburg’s “Designer for Tomorrow” competition.
• Riccardo Tisci talked to WWD about his night at the Met gala and the celebrity guests he dressed — 13 in all.