Most Recent Articles In Film and TV
Latest Film and TV Articles
- SAG Awards Red Carpet Photos: Winners & More Highlights of Awards Show
- Vicki Vasilopoulos Talks ‘Men of the Cloth’
- Moncler to Take Legal Action Against TV Show
More Articles By
BEVERLY HILLS — Designers were off to the races as nominations for the 81st Academy Awards were announced here Thursday.
Among those whom designers will vie to dress are best actress nominees Angelina Jolie and Kate Winslet, as well as first-time nominee Anne Hathaway. Meryl Streep received her record 15th nomination.
The best supporting actress category boasts fashion favorites Amy Adams and Penelope Cruz, both previous nominees, and Oscar winner Marisa Tomei.
Expect actresses to go glam, though not over the top, amid the recession as designers, jewelers and beauty companies look for an economic boost from celebrity placement.
The awards show will be broadcast live from the Kodak Theater and Hollywood and Highland Center at 8 p.m. Feb. 22 on ABC.
- Anne Hathaway, “Rachel Getting Married”
- Angelina Jolie, “Changeling”
- Melissa Leo, “Frozen River”
- Meryl Streep, “Doubt”
- Kate Winslet, “The Reader”
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Amy Adams, “Doubt”
- Penelope Cruz, “Vicky Cristina Barcelona”
- Viola Davis, “Doubt”
- Taraji P. Henson, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”
- Marisa Tomei, “The Wrestler”
- Richard Jenkins, “The Visitor”
- Frank Langella, “Frost/Nixon”
- Sean Penn, “Milk”
- Brad Pitt, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”
- Mickey Rourke, “The Wrestler”
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Josh Brolin, “Milk”
- Robert Downey Jr., “Tropic Thunder”
- Philip Seymour Hoffman, “Doubt”
- Heath Ledger, “The Dark Knight”
- Michael Shannon, “Revolutionary Road”
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
- “Australia,” Catherine Martin
- “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” Jacqueline West
- “The Duchess,” Michael O’Connor
- “Milk,” Danny Glicker
- “Revolutionary Road,” Albert Wolsky