Most Recent Articles In Media Features
Latest Media Features Articles
- France Reels From Attack in Nice
- Terror Hits France Again at Bastille Day Celebration in Nice
- Bill Cunningham: The Original <span class='article-title-premium-container' style='font-size:.5em;display:none;vertical-align:middle;padding:.25em;margin: 0 0 0 .25em;'>Premium</span>
More Articles By
WWD’s week in quotes, culled from stories that ran the week of January 20 to January 24.
• “It would be great to meet Kim Kardashian — I’ve never met her and she’s been looking insane lately. She looks amazing. I went to this woman to see if I could get my hair done blonde, but she said it was impossible. I literally cried. All I want is Kim K. hair.” — Hannah Bronfman
• “It is a big math puzzle and the math suggests that it is tilting in our favor.” — Bill Simon, chief executive officer and president of Wal-Mart U.S.
• “For me, couture is the kingdom of imagination, creativity and experimentation, and this is how I approach it. I do, however, remain pragmatic and realistic.” — Giorgio Armani
• “Does she have a Twitter? I want to follow her.” — Chloe Moretz on “girl crush” Amy Adams.
• “I’ve had a bad education in fashion,” he admitted. “I learned fashion on Style.com.” — Kanye West.
• “Some forms of American folk, particularly quilts, are found in fashion history and many designers have used quilting techniques and patchworking in their collections.” — Alexis Carreno, guest curator for the American Folk Art Museum’s “Folk Couture: Fashion and Folk Art” exhibition.
• “That’s a bit of a secret but I’ll be shooting a video soon, yes. I’m always working on something.” — Lady Gaga front row at Versace.
• “I am trying not to care as much, not being concerned about being judged. That is the stage I am at right now.” — Chloë Sevigny.
• “If it was all about the engagement, in the end we would suggest just posting pictures of puppies. But that doesn’t sell.” — Pau Sabria, Olapic cofounder, on Instagram.
• “People don’t come to Facebook to shop; we aren’t a shopping place. They come because we’re your personal newspaper.” — Nicolas Franchet, head of retail and e-commerce at Facebook.
• “Marigay, who was very comfortable in this nice little shop in London, said, ‘I’m happy to come across the pond but’ — just like her friend Anna — ‘you’d better make sure you put aside at least $1 billion for me to do a little fixer-upper at the new business there.’” — Richard Baker, chairman and chief executive officer of Hudson’s Bay Co., on luring Marigay McKee to Saks.