Most Recent Articles In Media Features
Latest Media Features Articles
- Patricia Field Representing Artists, Styling TV Land’s ‘Younger,’ Talks Presidential Election
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Joy Mangano Among Winners of Outstanding Mother Awards
- Candie’s Foundation Rebrands as TheNext.org
More Articles By
WWD’s week in quotes, culled from stories that ran the week of February 17 to February 21.
• “She always looked like she was who she was. There was that era when women looked old before their time, and I mean that in the best way, before all the fillers and the meshuga.” — Sandra Bernhard on Elaine Stritch.
• “Of course I miss it. It’s New York, who couldn’t miss New York? C’mon.” — Elaine Stritch on missing New York.
• “We have always been very private, Valentino and me, as you well know, but suddenly, we understand that people wanted to know more about us.” — Giancarlo Giammetti.
• ’’Wal-Mart communicated some serious challenges to the retail community for 2014.” — David Strasser, Janney Capital Markets.
• “The company keeps growing, and the luxury part of the business has grown to a point where we felt it deserves its own focus.” — Ralph Lauren, on why he hired Valérie Hermann as president of Ralph Lauren Luxury Collections.
• “As we add partners, it gives us more scale and more ability to drive the assortment and drive the brand imaging.” — Joseph Mimran, president of Joseph Mimran & Associates and founder and creative director of Joe Fresh.
• “In most cases, mergers of ‘likes’ work and Signet and Zale would seem to fit that pattern. This makes sense. They’re both mass-oriented, moderately priced and they know how to run lots of stores.” — Arnold Aronson, managing director of retail strategies at Kurt Salmon.
• “I feel like a child at Christmas with new toys, I can’t play with just one.” — Jeremy Scott on his first collection for Moschino.
• “We’re winning in [the mass and midtier] channels, but the channels are struggling. Our job — and it’s true in the sporting goods channel as well — is to help our retail accounts win in apparel and we’d need other brands to help them win.” — Eric Wiseman, chairman, president and chief executive officer, VF Corp.
• “So many women here are Dennis Basso wearers. I mean, there are a lot of my gowns here tonight.” — Dennis Basso at the Museum of the City of New York’s Winter Ball.
• “It’s a vicious circle: less money, less spending, less consumption, less production.” — Patrizio Bertelli.