Most Recent Articles In Media Features
Latest Media Features Articles
- Coldplay’s Video With Beyoncé Stirs Controversy in India
- The Shame Game: Fans Rally for Brands on Social Media
- Men’s Magazine Market in Upheaval as Readers Decline
More Articles By
WWD’s week in quotes, culled from stories that ran the week of March 3 to March 8.
• “I’ve always wanted a hotel property. We’re going to turn it into a five-star chic hotel with all the amenities.” — Tommy Hilfiger, on his decision to buy the Raleigh Hotel in South Beach.
• “I’ve lost all my children. Mother of the year. I’ve abandoned them and went straight to the bar. But the good thing about this location versus FAO Schwarz is that this is all contained. They can’t run out, so I feel pretty secure. So, bottoms up.” — Jill Kargman at Memorial Sloan Kettering’s annual Bunny Hop.
• “You know, Gabrielle Chanel always said, ‘I only make dresses I would wear.’ And I make only rooms where I would like to sleep. It’s as simple as that.” — Karl Lagerfeld on the hotel he will design in Macau.
• “The clothes have to be functional. What do the girls around me want to wear? I’m surrounded by many women, so I listen to them. I collect a little thing from all of them and mix it. A wardrobe.” — Nicolas Ghesquière on his first collection for Louis Vuitton.
• “You get about 200 interesting people here and it’s a great event, once a year.” — Eli Broad at the luncheon in honor of Bernard Arnault.
• “I thought, a ballet…I believe it has fabulous music, it has great costumes, sets and most importantly, it has beautiful girls. I said, ‘Man, this is for me!’” — David Koch at the School of American Ballet’s Annual Winter Gala.
• “Sometimes, on Instagram, you get people commenting on your work; sometimes it is very insightful. You get something from that interaction.” — Mary Katrantzou.
• “I love the romance of Paris. I love Angelina [tearoom and pastry shop]. I always get a Mont-blanc [pastry] there.” — Jason Wu.
• “I am a geek. I am onInstagram for sure, Twitter not really, Facebook still and a lot of online shopping!” — Julia Restoin Roitfeld.
• “I don’t think it’s going to be so much of a style guide, because I don’t know if I necessarily believe in those. I think they can be helpful for some people, but I don’t like when people kind of tell you ‘how-to.’ I feel like people should discover that on their own. They are a useful tool, but that’s not something I want to put out into the world.” — Chloe Sevigny on her upcoming fashion book.
• “Mr. Armani designed this for me. Opals are a must-have in Australia, so it’s a little touch of home.” — Cate Blanchett at the Oscars.
• “This reminds me of my hometown in Nairobi. The walls of my school were the same color, and back then, I couldn’t wait to get out, but now, it’s a nice reminder of home.” — Lupita Nyong’o on her soft blue Prada gown at the Oscars.