Most Recent Articles In Publishing
Latest Publishing Articles
- Cairo Communication Wins Takeover Bid for RCS MediaGroup <span class='article-title-premium-container' style='font-size:.5em;display:none;vertical-align:middle;padding:.25em;margin: 0 0 0 .25em;'>Premium</span>
- Time Inc. U.K. Unveils Marie Claire Beauty Venture <span class='article-title-premium-container' style='font-size:.5em;display:none;vertical-align:middle;padding:.25em;margin: 0 0 0 .25em;'>Premium</span>
- Cecilia Dean, James Kaliardos Preview New Visionaire Book
More Articles By
LONDON — Condé Nast will cease to publish its Easy Living title from the July issue, said Nicholas Coleridge, managing director of Condé Nast Britain and president of Condé Nast International, in a statement on Thursday.
“It is a sad decision to have to take, but we see few encouraging signs in this part of the market, with challenges at newsstand and an increasing reliance in the sector on multi-bagged offerings,” said Coleridge. “Easy Living’s print edition has a significant loyal fan base and subscriber base whom we will be reluctant to disappoint, and a particularly talented editorial and publishing staff.”
The magazine, which focuses on fashion, home and lifestyle, and whose readers’ average age is 43, was launched in 2005. It is currently the number three player in its six-title sector, according to Condé Nast. In the most recent ABC audit, Easy Living’s circulation was 150,854, up 7.6 percent year on year. “Current market conditions sadly do not inspire confidence in the long term profitability of its print manifestation,” added Coleridge.
By contrast, the Easy Living website, Easyliving.co.uk, grew in unique users by 466 percent in the first quarter of 2013 and will continue to operate as now.
In accordance with UK law, Condé Nast will now enter a period of statutory consultation with Easy Living’s team, after which a final decision on the future of the print publication will be made.
The last title to be closed by Condé Nast Britain was GQ Active, which was launched as a supplement in 1997 and became a quarterly stand alone title. It ceased publication in April 2001. Condé Nast Britain has never previously closed a women’s title.